chennai Banner

Reg output of Plan Communications Management

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
tusanan

Reg output of Plan Communications Management

Postby tusanan Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:23 am

Hi All,

As per the PMBOK guide , one of the outputs of the Plan Communications management is Project documents updates , it is quite understandable that we might end up updating the stakeholder register but there is another document which gets updated and it is the PROJECT SCHEDULE, will apreciate if some light is thrown on it as to how this document is relevant here, the answer will help to connect the dots.

Regards,
Tushar
dsharma06

Re: Reg output of Plan Communications Management

Postby dsharma06 Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:26 pm

I think Project Schedule can be updated in case of clients/stakeholders request for a weekly/biweekly or any other status report for which we didn't plan while creating project schedule. In this case, this document can be updated.

Again, I would request admin or seniors to review my answer and confirm this.

Thanks
Deepak
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Reg output of Plan Communications Management

Postby manishpn Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:16 pm

Yes I agree with Dsharma,

When project develops CMP, there can be additional requirements on project on the way and means of communications.

For example , if there is a requirement for video conference calling , then team needs to set it up which may need time

also note that even resource requirement, cost requirement can change as an output of this process
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/

Return to “PMP® Open Forum”