CSM Forum Banner

Quality

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
nazrulq
Contributor
Contributor

Quality

Postby nazrulq Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:24 pm

Question :

Which of the following statements about "Quality" and "Grade" is correct?

A. Grade is a rank given to entities having the same functional use but different technical characteristics.
B. Low quality product may be of high grade.
C. Low grade product may be of high quality.
D. It is a problem if the product is of high quality and low grade.

1 A and B
2 Only B
3 All of the Above
4 A, B and C

Correct Answer : 4

I think the correct answer should be A,C,D which is absent here. Answers are also confusing.
in option 4 answer should be , It is a problem if high grade product has low quality.
I think those answers to be rephrased differently.

Please discuss!
kapil.bhauryal
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Quality

Postby kapil.bhauryal Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:56 am

I will go with option 4 A, B and C.

This is not a correct if "It is a problem if the product is of high quality and low grade". Options B, C are using "May be". Option B Low quality product may be of high grade is a Problem is correct, it can be possible but this will always says "Low Quality Product" and Low Quality of Product is always a Problem.
VCAB
Participant
Participant

Postby VCAB Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:20 pm

Can question like this come the exam!!!!!
nazrulq
Contributor
Contributor

Postby nazrulq Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:19 pm

Option 4 is not a correct Choice, I guess! Can you Clarify!
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Postby manishpn Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:51 pm

VCAB wrote:Can question like this come the exam!!!!!

Usually not in the same format but a situation can come which can challenge your knowledge about quality and Grade
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Postby manishpn Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:00 pm

nazrulq wrote:Question :

Which of the following statements about "Quality" and "Grade" is correct?

A. Grade is a rank given to entities having the same functional use but different technical characteristics.
B. Low quality product may be of high grade.
C. Low grade product may be of high quality.
D. It is a problem if the product is of high quality and low grade.

1 A and B
2 Only B
3 All of the Above
4 A, B and C

Correct Answer : 4

I think the correct answer should be A,C,D which is absent here. Answers are also confusing.
in option 4 answer should be , It is a problem if high grade product has low quality.
I think those answers to be rephrased differently.

Please discuss!

I always give example of GOLD, it can come in different carats, e.g. 24, 22, 18 etc.
if the customer has ordered say 100 items of gold in 18 carats and a certain dimension.
if you deliver the items in 18 Carats and as per dimensions requested than it is in right quality , although 18 carat is considered as low grade
now lets look at options

A. Grade is a rank given to entities having the same functional use but different technical characteristics. - this is true as this is the definition of Grade
B. Low quality product may be of high grade. - In the example given above, if the item was requested in 24 carat and you deliver in 24 carat but with wrong dimensions than the product is of high grade but low quality
C. Low grade product may be of high quality. - The example given above of 18 carat gold makes sense.
D. It is a problem if the product is of high quality and low grade. - That can never be a problem unless the requirement is of a high grade,
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
nazrulq
Contributor
Contributor

Postby nazrulq Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:24 pm

A. Grade is a rank given to entities having the same functional use but different technical characteristics. - this is true as this is the definition of Grade
B. Low quality product may be of high grade. - In the example given above, if the item was requested in 24 carat and you deliver in 24 carat but with wrong dimensions than the product is of high grade but low quality
C. Low grade product may be of high quality. - The example given above of 18 carat gold makes sense.
D. It is a problem if the product is of high quality and low grade. - That can never be a problem unless the requirement is of a high grade,(Low Quality)

Very Clearly Explained!

Thanks.

Return to “PMP® Open Forum”