CSM Forum Banner

Ethics Question

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
nazrulq
Contributor
Contributor

Ethics Question

Postby nazrulq Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:25 pm

Question : During an informal discussion Prooject Manager had with another PMP certificant, he mentioned how he was able to sit for the PMP Certification exam two years ago by using false contact hour certificates. PM should:

1 Report this to PMI
2 Report this to his supervisor
3 Do nothing, since he is a colleague
4 Do nothing, since he had taken the PMP exam two years ago, and contact hour certificates get audited only for
one year.

Correct Answer : 1.

My opinion prior to report to the PMI , Project Manager should inform his supervisor.
kapil.bhauryal
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Ethics Question

Postby kapil.bhauryal Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:34 am

I will go with Option 1. Report this to PMI, i did not found that he got Job based on PMP certification.
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Postby manishpn Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:19 pm

nazrulq wrote:Question : During an informal discussion Prooject Manager had with another PMP certificant, he mentioned how he was able to sit for the PMP Certification exam two years ago by using false contact hour certificates. PM should:

1 Report this to PMI
2 Report this to his supervisor
3 Do nothing, since he is a colleague
4 Do nothing, since he had taken the PMP exam two years ago, and contact hour certificates get audited only for
one year.

Correct Answer : 1.

My opinion prior to report to the PMI , Project Manager should inform his supervisor.
As per information we cannot conclude that he has cheated his supervisor , but he has certainly done so with PMI and hence best option it to report to PMI to begin with

Agree with Kapil
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
nazrulq
Contributor
Contributor

Postby nazrulq Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:50 pm

That is a very good catching point but instead of job environment he should inform prior to reporting to PMI is that ok!

Return to “PMP® Open Forum”