discuss-agile-Meetup

Time Management

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
nazrulq
Beginner
Beginner

Time Management

Postby nazrulq Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:18 pm

Q. You are the project manager and working on process of activity sequencing. Before you move on to the next step i.e. construction phase, you get to know that your company has a policy of having every software project reviewed and approved by the Architecture Review Board prior to the construction phase of a project. This is an example of what?

1. Gatekeeping
2. Milestone
3.Scope Enhancement
4.Project integration

Correct Answer is option 2. I think option one could be also correct as there is one one review mentioned or qustion can specify there are other option too.In that case Milestone will be the right choice.It should be cleared in the qustion.

Can somebody explain in detail!

Thanks
kapil.bhauryal
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Time Management

Postby kapil.bhauryal Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:26 am

I will go with Option 2. Milestone.

As Gatekeeping does in End of phase(which is mentioned in question here) but Gatekeeping authorized the Project for next phase after reviewing the project objectives, business cases, stakeholder expectations. Here in this question, it is not mentioned that Board will authorized the Project for next phase. Thats why can not go with "Gatekeeping option".
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Time Management

Postby manishpn Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:08 am

yes agree, Though the question is framed in tricky way the situation described is not only for moving to new phase but for software review policy
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/

Return to “PMP® Open Forum”