CSM Forum Banner

Procurement Management

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
nazrulq
Contributor
Contributor

Procurement Management

Postby nazrulq Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:09 am

Always Procurement Manager is responsible in approving , changing and close the contract? In decentralized contracting Procurement Manager has to report Project Manager.
One of the sample question emphasises only Procurement Manager is responsible for changing it.
If the answer says both , what would be the best option.

1. Higher Authority
2. Procurement Manager
3. Both
4. Project Manager
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Procurement Management

Postby manishpn Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:32 pm

nazrulq wrote:Always Procurement Manager is responsible in approving , changing and close the contract? In decentralized contracting Procurement Manager has to report Project Manager.
One of the sample question emphasises only Procurement Manager is responsible for changing it.
If the answer says both , what would be the best option.
I am not sure about if this is the correct question, however understand that procurement manager is the person who has authority to approve any changes in the contract, responsible for changing /initiating the change(in care there is a need to change the contract scope) should be the project manager

1. Higher Authority
2. Procurement Manager
3. Both
4. Project Manager
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
nazrulq
Contributor
Contributor

Postby nazrulq Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:05 am

I think in real PMP exam it will be well defined whether it is contrct or contract and scope.If it is the both then
Procurement Manager along with Project Manager will be responsible.Otherwise for the contract procurement
Manager.Please correct me if my conception is wrong!

Thanks.
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Postby manishpn Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:50 pm

If the change is only in Scope (without impacting any project Contract) then Procurement manager is not needed.
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/

Return to “PMP® Open Forum”