CSM Forum Banner

Queries on: Schedule management

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
deepak.koradi

Queries on: Schedule management

Postby deepak.koradi Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:27 pm

1. Baseline schedule and project schedule are the o/ps of Develop schedule. Should the baseline schedule be considered (for eg.) as the version 1.0 of the final and the project schedule as the version 1.x (the latest one) of the final schedule?

2. What is considered in the Project Management Plan (PMP) - Baseline OR Project schedule?

3. It was mentioned in the video that if any changes in the i/ps of develop schedule process it will be captured in the project schedule. Is that the case or will it be managed before we proceed with the develop schedule activity?

4. In addition to question 2. would any change in Develop schedule i/ps impact baseline schedule OR project schedule?
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Queries on: Schedule management

Postby manishpn Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:43 pm

deepak.koradi wrote:1. Baseline schedule and project schedule are the o/ps of Develop schedule. Should the baseline schedule be considered (for eg.) as the version 1.0 of the final and the project schedule as the version 1.x (the latest one) of the final schedule?
Yes thats correct, usually baseline version is 1.0 and then subsequent revision to baseline will change the version

2. What is considered in the Project Management Plan (PMP) - Baseline OR Project schedule?
First approved version of PMP should have baseline plans and may also contain subsidiaries whichever are ready at that point of time. Intention should be to have as many plans ready as possible when PMP is approved.

3. It was mentioned in the video that if any changes in the i/ps of develop schedule process it will be captured in the project schedule. Is that the case or will it be managed before we proceed with the develop schedule activity?

4. In addition to question 2. would any change in Develop schedule i/ps impact baseline schedule OR project schedule?

I could not understand your points #3 and #4, can you refer to video clip or the timeframe which are your mentioning in video
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/

Return to “PMP® Open Forum”