Big Data Challenges

Project scope statement

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
gagan1986

Project scope statement

Postby gagan1986 Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:34 am

Q. Which of the following best describe the Validate scope process?

A. It provides assurances that the deliverable meets the specifications, is an input to the project management plan, and is an output of control quality.
B. It ensure the deliverables is completed on time, ensure customer acceptance, and shows the deliverable meets specifications.
C. It ensures customer acceptance, shows the deliverables meets specifications, and provide a chance for differences of opinion to come to light.
D. It is an output of control quality, occurs before define scope, and ensures customer acceptance.

Rita Ans: Option C.

As per my opinion, C is correct but I didn't find anything wrong with option B.

Anybody clarify this...
Thnx
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Project scope statement

Postby manishpn Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:36 pm

gagan1986 wrote:Q. Which of the following best describe the Validate scope process?

A. It provides assurances that the deliverable meets the specifications, is an input to the project management plan, and is an output of control quality.
B. It ensure the deliverables is completed on time, ensure customer acceptance, and shows the deliverable meets specifications.
C. It ensures customer acceptance, shows the deliverables meets specifications, and provide a chance for differences of opinion to come to light.
D. It is an output of control quality, occurs before define scope, and ensures customer acceptance.

Rita Ans: Option C.

As per my opinion, C is correct but I didn't find anything wrong with option B.

Anybody clarify this...
Thnx

i think you are not reading options carefully, how does validate scope process ensure delivery on time?
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
VCAB
Participant
Participant

Re: Project scope statement

Postby VCAB Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:53 pm

Answer B sounds good, but it does not explain the full or accurate reason for validate scope....However, C does, during validate scope, the deliverable is accepted because it meets the requirements and if it is not (as the latter part of the answer suggests) a change request made, if approved is executed and quality control verifies the change.

In B, the deliverable is accepted, but it says "on time", which technically wrong...

Return to “PMP® Open Forum”