CSM Forum Banner

Blog: What Are Stakeholders – How To Identify Them?

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
rachnamrig
Beginner
Beginner

Blog: What Are Stakeholders – How To Identify Them?

Postby rachnamrig Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:53 am

If we miss identifying the stakeholders we miss capturing their needs too, while collecting requirement. Read this blog by Saket Bansal to know who are stakeholders? How and when to identify stakeholders?

What Are Stakeholders – How To Identify Them?
Anamica
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Blog: What Are Stakeholders – How To Identify Them?

Postby Anamica Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:40 pm

Great blog. Explained the entire process concisely. Thanks.
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby saket Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:56 pm

good to know that you liked it, and we are creating a separate resource section in this forum itself where we will put all the blog and video contents , this will help test taker to search them well.

We have already created the section and also started putting content links.
Explore our online PMP Program , it makes PMP Easy :-) http://goo.gl/ZmD3xF

Image Image Image Image
signor_rk
Contributor
Contributor

Postby signor_rk Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:58 am

With reference to the blog I quote a part as follows:
"2. Do I need to recognize my competitors as stakeholders? Since they may get negatively affected by my project."

Here I would like to add a situation like this:

Company A and Company B along with some other competitors quoted for a Mega Power Plant Project under a New Refinery Project.There , say finally Company B won the Contract. So during the Bidding process Company A was the competitor to Company B.

Suppose , in the same Refinery Project , Company A won another Contract of "Construction of all Internal Roads & Drainage Works" simultaneously.

In these cases , though both the companies were competitors in some point of time , they will be behaving as Positive Stakeholders for the interest of timely completion of their respective projects.

E.g., for the easy transshipment of heavy equipment and materials, Company B will depend on Road Work completion of Company A , whereas , for early completion of the Road & Drainage work in the Power Plant Area , Company A will depend on the full co-operation from Company B.

So , competitors can also be positive (sometimes negative too) stakeholders in a situation like this.

Regards,

Ranjit
Regards ,

Ranjit
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby saket Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:55 pm

Yes they can and i saw in some of the blog writer putting this case and telling that see we have competitor stakeholder... my take is just because someone bid against you in one project or one time does not make you and that person competitor forever... if you are working in one project you are stakeholder now... no more competitor :)

This is how dictionary defines competitor... its about the current stage not past ...

an organization or country engaged in commercial or economic competition with others.

One Request : It would be helpful to other learners if we do blog related discussion in blog comments, since that allow the future learner to also get out of our conversation.... just in case you have followup query... please post in comment area of blog. :)
Explore our online PMP Program , it makes PMP Easy :-) http://goo.gl/ZmD3xF

Image Image Image Image
signor_rk
Contributor
Contributor

Postby signor_rk Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:12 am

Thanks Saket. I too saw somewhere in some other forum on similar discussion.

Regards,

Ranjit
Regards ,

Ranjit

Return to “PMP® Open Forum”