Risk Management

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
sachin07
Participant
Participant

Risk Management

Postby sachin07 Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:25 pm

You have been appointed as the manager of a new, large and complex project. Because
this project is business critical, and very visible, senior management has told you to analyze
the project risks and prepare response strategies for them as soon as possible. The
organization has risk management procedures that are seldom used or followed, and has
had a history of handling risks badly. The project’s first milestone is in 2 weeks. In preparing
the risk response plan, input from which of the following is generally LEAST important?
a) Project team members
b) Project sponsor
c) Individuals responsible for risk management policies and templates
d) Key stakeholders

Please suggest.
coolpmp69
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Risk Management

Postby coolpmp69 Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:43 pm

I think option B Project sponsor is the right answer.

Project sponsor can help in identifying risks but do not play any important role when it comes to planning risk response strategies. The other 3 options are important players in planning and developing risk response strategies.
sachin07
Participant
Participant

Postby sachin07 Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:34 am

Yes. I also had same opinion. But the answer given in the source was "c" which i find very dicey.

Regards
coolpmp69
Contributor
Contributor

Postby coolpmp69 Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:56 pm

I don't agree with option C as Individuals responsible for risk management policies and templates help provide the templates from the historical (past ) project and these are very important.

what's the source of this question and what justification is given for the answer?

Return to “PMP® Open Forum”