Scrum-Master-Forum

Schedule impact delay

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
akc
Beginner
Beginner

Schedule impact delay

Postby akc Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:16 pm

Which document best captures the schedule delay impact ?

1. Network diagram
2. Gantt Chart
3. Critical path
4. Risk Register
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Schedule impact delay

Postby manishpn Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:10 am

this is simple, try yourself and lets discuss after that
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
akc
Beginner
Beginner

Postby akc Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:12 pm

My answer is 4 , Risk register but correct answer is mentioned network diagram but gnatt chart also depicts the project schedule.
Why I chose risk register because delayed material delivery is risk which needs to be recorded & its impact should be analyzed.
As mentioned on page 417 of Pmbok 6, risk register may contain additional data for each identified risk such as risk title, category, current status, one or more causes, one or more effects on objectives , risk triggers, wbs reference of affected activities, timing info etc.

On the basis of effects on 1 or more objectives as mentioned in pmbok6, it correspond to the impact of schedule delay as mentioned in the question. Hence, delay in schedule needs to be captured in the risk register to qualify as a risk & its impact to be analyzed.
Once analyzed , the network diagram or gnatt chart can be updated to show the delay & its impact.
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Postby manishpn Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:53 pm

akc wrote:My answer is 4 , Risk register but correct answer is mentioned network diagram but gnatt chart also depicts the project schedule.
Why I chose risk register because delayed material delivery is risk which needs to be recorded & its impact should be analyzed.
As mentioned on page 417 of Pmbok 6, risk register may contain additional data for each identified risk such as risk title, category, current status, one or more causes, one or more effects on objectives , risk triggers, wbs reference of affected activities, timing info etc.

On the basis of effects on 1 or more objectives as mentioned in pmbok6, it correspond to the impact of schedule delay as mentioned in the question. Hence, delay in schedule needs to be captured in the risk register to qualify as a risk & its impact to be analyzed.
Once analyzed , the network diagram or gnatt chart can be updated to show the delay & its impact.

I understand your confusion,
Risk register does capture all risks and its impact including schedule delay
However its asking what BEST captures,
time Impact analysis or forensic analysis is done by feedin in till date data into simulator and then predict network diagram, undertanf potential delay etc
if you have time read following blog
https://www.projectmanagement.com/artic ... -Technique

If you have confusion let me know
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/

Return to “PMP® Open Forum”