Practice question- Change management

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
akc
Beginner
Beginner

Practice question- Change management

Postby akc Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:23 am

ABC-XYZ is the new PM & trying to co-ordinate change control processes as a part of of his project. He has been reviewing a large number of change reports & reviewing systems for such co-ordination. Which system should PM review to approve to approve changes & baselines within his project ?

1. PMIS
2. Change control system
3. Configuration management system
4. Record management system

The correct answer is mentioned as Configuration management system whereas I chose change control system . based on my understanding , the CCS is made for reviewing , approving , tracking , tracking etc for changes in the project as a whole whereas configuration management system is concerned with specifications, physical characteristics of the project artifacts which are under configuration control.
The justification for option 3 as the answer (CMS) is mentioned as Configuration management system are a way manage to changes & baselines.

Please share your inputs for the clarification.
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Practice question- Change management

Postby manishpn Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:12 am

Kindly provide the justification provided in the Mock answer
in my view PIMS incorporates all other systems mentioned in options, so question is not of good quality
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
akc
Beginner
Beginner

Postby akc Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:50 pm

The justification for the answer given by the author is mentioned as Configuration management system are a way manage to changes & baselines.
I chose the answer as Change Control System. I didn't chose PMIS because change control system is 1 of its components. Change control system is the more specific choice as compared to PMIS.

Please share your inputs.

Regards
Ashvini
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Postby manishpn Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:00 pm

akc wrote:The justification for the answer given by the author is mentioned as Configuration management system are a way manage to changes & baselines.
I chose the answer as Change Control System. I didn't chose PMIS because change control system is 1 of its components. Change control system is the more specific choice as compared to PMIS.

Please share your inputs.

Regards
Ashvini

What mock are you referring to?
CCS is also part of PIMS
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
PCS
Beginner
Beginner

Postby PCS Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:56 pm

Looking the discussion, i tried visiting the PMBOK and found that Conf.manage. management contains the versions & *base lines*

Return to “PMP® Open Forum”