CSM Forum Banner

PMP Question need help

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
shankars
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:07 am

PMP Question need help

Postby shankars Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:43 am

Hi
I found a question on schedule which I could not answer. Please help.

Three activities are done in sequence.Each activity takes 5 days to do. There is a 90% probability that each activity will be finished on time and a 10% chance of
each activity finishing late. What is the probability that the last of the 3 activities will be finished on time.
a> 0.73
b> 0.27
c> 0.81
d> 0.9

Regards
Shankar
signor_rk
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:47 pm

Re: PMP Question need help

Postby signor_rk Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:04 pm

Let us name the activities as A , B and C

So, the individual probabilities of finishing on time are :
P(A) = 0.90 , P(B) =0.90 and P(C) = 0.90
Therefore , their joint probability of finishing on time :
P(A , B, C) = P(A) * P(B) * P(C) = 0.90 * 0.90 * 0.90 = 0.729 , say 0.73
Therefore , my pick is Option # A) 0.73

This is my understanding. Any expert comment please....
Regards ,

Ranjit
shankars
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:07 am

Re: PMP Question need help

Postby shankars Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:26 pm

Thanks Ranjit.

Regards
Shankar
User avatar
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3125
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:37 pm

Re: PMP Question need help

Postby saket Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:54 am

Very Very remote chance to see such questions in real exam, this is a probability question.
Explore our online PMP Program , it makes PMP Easy :-) http://goo.gl/ZmD3xF

Image Image Image Image

Return to “PMP® Open Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 7 guests