CSM Forum Banner

Question on M&C Inputs in Integration Management

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
sruthianem

Question on M&C Inputs in Integration Management

Postby sruthianem Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:19 am

Hi,

As part of Monitoring and Control Process of Integration Management I see that 'Validated Changes' are one of the inputs to this process. Can you please explain me what exactly are 'Validated Changes' at this point?

Are they Approved Changes which needs an analysis to influence the factor that caused the change?
OR
Are they changes that have been validated and as part of integration you try to monitor them?

Can you please provide some clarity please?

Thanks,
Sruthi
signor_rk
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Question on M&C Inputs in Integration Management

Postby signor_rk Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:34 pm

hi Sruthi,

What I understand so far , your last point is the valid reason : "Are they changes that have been validated and as part of integration you try to monitor them?"
This is to monitor whether the validated changes have been properly incorporated/implements or not? If necessary , again change request may be forwarded to the Perform Integrated Change Control process.

Hope this should be okey.
Thanks
Regards ,

Ranjit
bs_pani

Re: Question on M&C Inputs in Integration Management

Postby bs_pani Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:50 am

Dear Sruthi,

I am quoting Validated Changes from PMBOK Page 90 and highlighting some meaning which could help.

Approved changes that result from the Perform Integrated Change Control process require validation to ensure that the changes was appropriately implemented. A validated changes provides the necessary data to conform that the changes was appropriately executed.

Cheers,
Bhabani

Return to “PMP® Open Forum”