CSM Forum Banner

Please help me

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
Mohammed

Please help me

Postby Mohammed Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:57 am

confuse about define, pLEASE explain
Rita:
A corrective action is any action taken to bring
expected future project performance in line with the project management plan.

PMBOK:
•Corrective action—An intentional activity that realigns the performance of the project work with the
project management plan;

• Preventive action—An intentional activity that ensures the future performance of the project work is
aligned with the project management plan;
bandarna
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Please help me

Postby bandarna Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:25 pm

Here is my understanding about these three terms… If I am wrong any one correct me.

Corrective Actions: Corrective actions are taken when the project has deviated from the planned scope, schedule, cost, or quality requirements etc... Corrective actions are reactive in nature meaning they will come after the action happened. And bring the project’s performance back to it alignment with the agreed-upon project baselines.
e.g. You have ordered to build a 5 bed room beautiful villa to build in expensive neighborhood in Gurgaon. Builder completed and about to handover quickly noticed there is something wrong in plumbing water is not draining out from the master bedroom shower. Now he needs to fix the defect.

Preventive actions: Preventive actions are taken when the project is trending away from the planned scope, schedule, cost, or quality requirements. Preventive actions are proactive in nature meaning necessary actions are taking place so that particular deviation will not occur. (Note: this is expense approach).
e.g. you noticed that your friend’s laptop computer is attached by virus and realized you don’t want. Next week you bought one and invested $29.99 for Norton antivirus so your laptop is now safe.

Defect Repairs: Defect repairs are implemented when the product or deliverable does not meet the documented quality requirements.
e.g your friend purchased Norton antivirus now and repaired his defect.

Thanks,
-Narsimha
signor_rk
Contributor
Contributor

Postby signor_rk Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:58 pm

I too agree with Narsimha. Nice examples and explanation as well.

Thanks
Regards ,

Ranjit
bs_pani

Postby bs_pani Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:34 pm

There is another term related to this discussion that I want to share

Rework – Action taken to bring a defective or nonconforming component into compliance with requirement or specification

Cheers,
Bhabani
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby saket Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:55 pm

Explore our online PMP Program , it makes PMP Easy :-) http://goo.gl/ZmD3xF

Image Image Image Image

Return to “PMP® Open Forum”