CSM Forum Banner

Some PMP General questions for starter

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
bandarna
Beginner
Beginner

Some PMP General questions for starter

Postby bandarna Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:41 am

1. How are the questions generated for PMP exam? Is it randomly selects from the pre-defined pool from PMI database? Do the questions ever repeat in exams? Does the brain dump helps?
2. How to recognize 25 ethics questions during the exam? Is there any clue to recognize the ethics questions, if so we can check mark and skip for later stage at the end?
3. Do they allow calculator, white paper with 47 boxes down on it? If so I can quickly dump the 47 process on the pater? This will help to re-collect while exam is going on?
4. In general based on the people experience does 4 hours enough to complete the test?
5. If failed in first time what is the retaking process? Any PMI restrictions? Do we need to go for new PDUs or training once again?
6. Rita Mulcahy’s book looks good, do you think it's waste of time reading? I noticed it is good amount of time consuming.

Thanks,
-Narsimha
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Some PMP General questions for starter

Postby saket Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:48 am

1. How are the questions generated for PMP exam? Is it randomly selects from the pre-defined pool from PMI database? Do the questions ever repeat in exams? Does the brain dump helps?

PMI has big database of the questions and as per the test instance questions gets selected , you will not see repeat of the question, Mock tests are very essential tool to know readiness and practice timeliness , not to expect questions from mock test directly coming in real exam.

2. How to recognize 25 ethics questions during the exam? Is there any clue to recognize the ethics questions, if so we can check mark and skip for later stage at the end?

From where you know that PMI has 25 ethics question, in current PMP exam we do not get direct ethics question they come along with knowledge area, you need to see the question and answer. Once you prepare well it becomes easy.

3. Do they allow calculator, white paper with 47 boxes down on it? If so I can quickly dump the 47 process on the pater? This will help to re-collect while exam is going on?

Yes you get both of these facilities.

4. In general based on the people experience does 4 hours enough to complete the test?

Its depend on reading speed and practice, in general people do consume full 4 hours , i had few clients who ended up leaving 20-30 questions at end... but they still passed the exam.

5. If failed in first time what is the retaking process? Any PMI restrictions? Do we need to go for new PDUs or training once again?

No restriction, in one year you can give it 3 times after that you need to enroll fresh, you do not have to take PDUs again.

6. Rita Mulcahy’s book looks good, do you think it's waste of time reading? I noticed it is good amount of time consuming.

You need to do it in Master Stage, so finish your know step... once done you will find this book fast and easy.

Check our video on PMP Certification FAQs :

Explore our online PMP Program , it makes PMP Easy :-) http://goo.gl/ZmD3xF

Image Image Image Image
umeshbww
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Some PMP General questions for starter

Postby umeshbww Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:25 pm

About Brain dump :
Let's say you're at restaurant - waiter brings menu; you read it and place order. Waiter takes menu from you.
Now you want to order something more - you would refer back to menu rather than trying to remember what else was on menu.

I personally thinks it may or may not help in remembering processes but it will help you in mathematical Qs. you will have all formulas in front of you - you just need to perform calculations as you move onto next Qs.

It will helps in remembering processes also - because depending on how tough questions pop up in start - you might lose bit confidence and end up making even silly mistakes. But if you create brain dump for processes atleast - you will be little more confident in answering further questions if you end up in that scenario.

Almost all coaching classes suggest creating brain dump before starting exam - I will definitely create brain dump during my exam.
GOAL : PMP Certified by 24th Sept 2014 -- ACCOMPLISHED

Return to “PMP® Open Forum”