CSM Forum Banner

Question....

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
taterarpit
Contributor
Contributor

Question....

Postby taterarpit Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:07 am

I was thinking of what a project is and as per the definition it should be something unique. So my question starts from here " if a company has got a contract to produce certain output for a company in 6 months duration so that will considered a project , but same company got another contract from a different company to produce exactly same output " so will that also be considered a project. My question may looked confusing and if that is the case i will try to rephrase. So in a nutshell if a company is producing a same product for two different companies, will the second one would be considered a project though that is NOT unique to performing organization
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert

Re: Question....

Postby seema.sonkiya Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:36 am

Every project is unique, if we take your example – the company got the project from two different companies and are expected to result the same outcome, still both are unique. How?
There are two different contract for these two projects and may be executed by different human resources with different set of skills and competencies. Even if these two projects may start at two different point of time in that case, all the specific internal and external environment factors plays an important role.
Very simple, for both projects need to deal with two different buyers and each buyer has unique identity and vendor company needs to develop communication plan for each specific case :-)
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Question....

Postby saket Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:33 am

Many time test takers get confuse between Job work and Project. Job Is defined as :
a piece of work, especially a specific task done as part of the routine of one's occupation or for an agreed price:
She gave him the job of mowing the lawn.

Example : Delivering of burger at fast food counter, or home delivery of pizza , or servicing a car

Is Building a another building by a contractor who does this only... can also be categorized as Job work?

Difficult , because the job work based management is based on planned capacity where order keep coming and going, they do not make schedule for each job, they do not collect people for each job , they do not do risk management for each job.

The uncertainty level or uniqueness of the project deliverable varies from project to project, but specific temporary nature of the project requires usage of project management techniques rather than operational management techniques.
Explore our online PMP Program , it makes PMP Easy :-) http://goo.gl/ZmD3xF

Image Image Image Image

Return to “PMP® Open Forum”