CSM Forum Banner

Validate Scope

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
taterarpit
Contributor
Contributor

Validate Scope

Postby taterarpit Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:22 pm

Now, i have one more questions ( rather confusion i should say )...As we know that the purpose of Validate Scope is verifying deliverable and WPD data gives us RAW data which needs to be refined in order to make it ready for verification. So can we verify any information coming in form of WPD or first that information should go for Quality control check and then that particualr deliverable should be ready for validation. Please let me know if this sounds confusing, i will try to rephrase the question. Thanks!!
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Validate Scope

Postby saket Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:31 pm

Lets look at PMBOK definition of validate scope

PMBOK Page 105
Validate Scope—The process of formalizing acceptance of the completed project deliverables.

WPD data verification is not the goal of validate scope, and it also not about verifying the deliverable... it is about validating the deliverables , we had long discussion on this in our clarification session , since you also have access to exclusive forum, you may check this link viewtopic.php?f=12&t=762

This process does not work on WPD refinement , this process usages it to know what has been done on deliverable which has come for validation... this is how PMBOK defines the use of WPD in this process

5.5.1.5 Work Performance Data
Described in Section 4.3.3.2. Work performance data can include the degree of compliance with requirements,
number of nonconformities, severity of the nonconformities, or the number of validation cycles performed in a
period of time.

I hope this clarifies your doubts , if not please let me know.
Explore our online PMP Program , it makes PMP Easy :-) http://goo.gl/ZmD3xF

Image Image Image Image

Return to “PMP® Open Forum”