CSM Forum Banner

Quality control activities

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
mandarapu
Contributor
Contributor

Quality control activities

Postby mandarapu Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:57 am

You are asked to select tools and techniques to implement a quality assurance program to supplement existing quality control activities.Which of the following would NOT be appropriate for the purpose ?.

A.Quality audits
B.Statistical sampling.
C.Pareto diagrams
D.Focus groups

This is from pg 326 of Rita. The right answer given is D.But I see why A cannot be right ?.Quality audit is activity in perform quality assurance and cannot be added in 'Quality Control' activities as asked in the question ?. please suggest ?.
sunku65
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Quality control activities

Postby sunku65 Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:12 am

You know the question asking which tools in Quality Assurance also available in Control Quality. Except. i.e. Focus Groups.

The seven basic quality control tools are same for Quality assurance and Control Quality.
signor_rk
Contributor
Contributor

Postby signor_rk Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:06 am

Option# (D) Focus Groups is the odd one , which is related to Collect Requirement Process group.
Regards ,

Ranjit
namita

Postby namita Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:41 am

I think here the question is not understood correctly. question is asking NOT so D is a clear option
mandarapu
Contributor
Contributor

Postby mandarapu Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:21 am

Namita,Sunku !!

Question was clear - I thought the tool 'quality audit' - a tool/action in 'perform quality assurance' cannot be moved in to tools of 'control quality'.Per PMBOK audit is in earlier and inspection is in later.The ask in the question is stressing about 'quality control activities' - and I thought 'focus groups',the left out option can be added. Please comment.And not the less - thanking you.

Return to “PMP® Open Forum”