CSM Forum Banner

Project Quality Management (Source: Scordo)

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
signor_rk
Contributor
Contributor

Project Quality Management (Source: Scordo)

Postby signor_rk Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:18 pm

Q: A measure taken to bring future results in line with the project plan BEST describes?
(A) Change request
(B) Preventive action
(C) Corrective action
(D) Defect repair

Actual answer is Option # (B) , but the Scordo answer shows Option # (C) which is totally wrong.
PMBOK5 ref. page # 81 .... so some mistakes also appear in Reference Books. :)
Regards ,

Ranjit
Sud
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Project Quality Management (Source: Scordo)

Postby Sud Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:58 pm

I think, correct answer is C only. If we have to bring-back the future performance in-line with project management plan, then we will need to deploy Corrective action. Even PMBOK supports it - Page 334- "Recommendations of corrective actions that may bring the expected future performance of the project
back in line with the project management plan".

--Sud
signor_rk
Contributor
Contributor

Postby signor_rk Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:48 am

Your mentioned PMBOK5 ref. page is #308. You are also right there. Now this has made me quite confusing. But I think I will stick to my earlier concept only.
Any comment please ....
Regards ,

Ranjit
mandarapu
Contributor
Contributor

Postby mandarapu Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:44 am

Option B is right becos results of corrective action is predominate in most cases immediately ( doesn't mean applicable to future ) but preventive is for the future.Also even from PMBOK we need to consider from page 81 where it specifically talked about - where as page 308 talked passively. Just becos in page 308,PMBOK talked about 'Corrective action - future time' - we donot have to stick to rather take what is explicitly talked in page 81.Even PMBOK was written by humans taking reference from lots of books given over there.

Return to “PMP® Open Forum”