CSM Forum Banner

Path to PMI ACP Success - Cleared PMI ACP first Attempt on today

PMI-ACP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories
sysatish

Path to PMI ACP Success - Cleared PMI ACP first Attempt on today

Postby sysatish Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:19 pm

Hello Friends,
I am passed PMI-ACP exam on today after completion of PMI ACP class program on Sep 15 with Saket and Sanjay.
My score is 1 Proficient (Value Driven Delivery), 4 – Moderate Proficient and 2 – Less proficient. I was more focused to Domain 2 – Value Driven delivery ( 24 questions out of 120 questions). I was more focused with izenbridge videos.

Exam Preparation:
I was planned to appear PMI –ACP exam during the April 17 and booked exam slot on Jan 15th 2017.
1. I was watched izenbridge ACP video’s one time and prepare study material based upon video’s, so that I can recap any time.
2. I have bought PMI-ACP Mike (2nd Edition) to understand various domain tasks, Percentage of weightage and number of each questions in each domain.
3. I was mapped Saket video’s points with PMI ACP domain during my preparation, so that I can cover all topics within domain.
4. I have also attended Discuss Agile meetup ( ½ day meet up, Monthly meetups, Scott meetup, etc), so that to understand real time scenario’s .
5. I came to know that Practice test 4 is very close to PMI ACP exam, so that I am interested to attend and check about my progress. I was scored 55 marks out 120 in Exam 4 on first attempt.
6. I was gone though all wrong answers in exam 4 and focused more about topics and watched second time video’s and read Mike book 2nd time for all domains.
7. I was attended Practice test 3, Practice test 2, Practice test 1 in izenbridge, my score was between 70 -80 marks during first attempt.
8. I was gone through 3rd time Mike book, my notes prepared based upon video’s for all wrong answers.
9. I have minor health issue for last 2 week before exams, but my notes was helped me during last 4 days during my preparation. I thought I can reschedule my exam for one month. I have got support from Seema and Sanjay during for last 1 week, so that I was planning to attempt on today and successfully completed my PMI-ACP exam.
About PMI –ACP exams:
1. I was gone all success stories in izenbridge forum and questions from various members. I was very much useful around 25 questions can able to answer based upon forum reviews. I would strongly recommend to go through once, so that we get some idea about pattern of question might appear for your exam. I have got similar question during asked in the forum ( Number of iteration calculation 3 or 4 )
2. Around 90 % questions are scenario based.
a. Information radiator ( 4 questions).
b. Scrum roles (team, PO, Coach, sponsor) ( 20 questions)
c. Risk based questions ( 5 no’s)
d. Stakeholder based question ( 5no’s)
e. Burn down charts ( 3 questions)
f. Risk based spike ( 2 questions)
g. Refactor ( 3 questions).
h. XP – Pair programming , ( 2 questions)
i. Retro’s ( 7 questions).
j. Agile value and principles ( 5 questions)
k. One question related to IRR, ( NO EVM formula based)
l. Agile contracts – 2 questions.
m. Sprint review – 5 questions
n. Daily Stand up – 5 questions
o. Kanban , wip limit - 3 questions.

Tips:
a. Choose you answer always Team will be primary focus for any decision.
b. PO will be primary focus for any change in Priorities.

Thank Saket, Seema, Sanjay for your support thought my PMI ACP journey.

Wish you good luck for future PMI ACP exam takers.
Final tips:
Unless you schedule exam you will not prepare for PMI ACP exam, Take care your health before exams.
Thanks
Satish Kumar SY
Bangalore
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert

Re: Path to PMI ACP Success - Cleared PMI ACP first Attempt on today

Postby seema.sonkiya Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:15 am

Hats off Satish on your success, despite all health and life challenges, you did not give up :-)

I am happy to see your achievement, Congratulations!! And big thanks for sharing your detailed lesson learned :-)
sanjaykumar
Expert
Expert

Postby sanjaykumar Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:08 am

Congratulations Satish!!

And, thanks a lot for sharing your experience. It should prove valuable for future exam participants.
Sanjay Kumar
Agile Trainer & Coach
sysatish

Postby sysatish Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:26 pm

Thanks Sanjay about your final tip during exam day. I was planned my exam with intention to complete 45 question per hour. I was completed exam within 2.30 hours and remaining 30 mintues for second round of your review. I was reduce my speed and mark each question before choosing my answers.

As you have mentioned, you need to know the PMI ACP Content outline for each domain, so that you can easily understand the overview of each domain and percentage of question in each Domain.

Thanks Seema for your comments. I appreciate your help during my preparation and send links from youtube and chat messages, so that I got motivated during final stage of my preparation.

Thanks Saket for your inputs for PMI ACP Preparation plan and motivation during Discuss Agile session with Scot Ambler session on last month.
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert

Postby seema.sonkiya Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:18 am

You are welcome Satish :-)

Return to “PMI-ACP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories”