PMI ACP Cleared - 19th May 2016

PMI-ACP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories
sarawat
Contributor
Contributor

PMI ACP Cleared - 19th May 2016

Postby sarawat Sun May 22, 2016 4:59 am

Hello Folks

I would like to thank all members of ACP forum. I have cleared ACP exam with 4P+2MP on 19th May evening. :D
Big thanks to Sanjay and Saket for making such a great ACP workshops with great contents. I think, the material has all you need to crack your exam.

Beyond this, there are few other sources/books that I have gone through such as Mike Griffiths text book, Agile estimating and planning from Mike Cohn, User stories applied from Mike Cohn, textbook on Kanban from David Anderson.

Referred Edward Chung’s website where he has mentioned list of free questions – I attempted all.

On 17th morning I attempted test # 1 from Quampus and scored 101. Took a break and attempted test # 2 and scored 105. I thought, this is time now, lets not drag further.

I accessed prometric site and scheduled test for 19th evening [ 1:30 – 5 pm Slot ] .
Seems like this is off season for GRE/GMAT/IELTS exams so I was able to get exam availability just 2 days before.
On 18th I attempted test # 3 and scored 115. Did lighter revision from notes that I have prepared and took rest and was waiting for next day.
On 19th , when I reached prometric centre - To my surprise I was the only one who has scheduled exam in that slot. :lol:

I have used 15 minutes to dump everything that I have planned – habituated and courtesy from PMP exam. ;)

My brain dump includes- list of estimating techniques, list of prioritization techniques, list of collaboration games, key principles of scrum, Kanban, lean, XP, DSDM, TDD, ATDD, team conflict levels and their resolutions, types of risk, retrospectives techniques.

I completed exam some 45 minutes early. Spend some time in doing review.

Completed survey and clicked Submit.

Was happy to see message on screen. :) :)

Few things that I could share as lesson learned ---

1. Make sure you thoroughly understand each chapters from Saket’s material. This has given foundation to my preparations and found its enough to crack exam.

2. Not mandatory to read each books/material that you find on internet. If you really kind of subject lover or book lover then read out of those 11 books.

3. Do attempt mock questions from reliable vendors only – be aware there are many incorrect answers/explanation that I have found local sources.

4. All questions are situation based. They were new and never ever seen before.

5. There were some 10-12 questions based on agile roles

6. There were good 5+ questions on team and individual coaching/training/advising topics.

7. There were some 5+ questions on frequent validation and verification – make sure you understand how will you do this in scrum, XP, TDD

8. There were some 45+ questions where something or other is happening in middle of iteration and some time they are giving you agile practitioner cap , sometime scrum master, sometime a team member you have been asked to do best possible step that you could do NOT to put iteration in jeopardy.

That’s it guys. I welcome if anyone wish to talk/chat about anything. :)

Thanks again Saket & Sanjay. Thanks to all forum members

Thanks n Regards,
Sanjay Singh Rawat
priyeshengg

Re: PMI ACP Cleared - 19th May 2016

Postby priyeshengg Sun May 22, 2016 1:19 pm

Congratulations !!
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby saket Sun May 22, 2016 3:56 pm

Congratulations !!! and i can see you completed most of your certifications in quite short time. Thank you for enrolling to our programs. Stay in touch we will connect in upcoming Discuss Agile conferences.
Explore our online PMP Program , it makes PMP Easy :-) http://goo.gl/ZmD3xF

Image Image Image Image
sarawat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby sarawat Mon May 23, 2016 5:20 am

Thank you Saket. I have also been in touch with Sanjay and Raj. Thank you all for your's continuous support and guidance.

Thanks n Regards,
Sanjay Singh Rawat
bs_pani

Postby bs_pani Mon May 23, 2016 5:44 pm

Many more Congratulation Sanjay!!!! Happy for you :D And thanks for helping me clarifying my doubt by replying to my post.

All the very best.

Cheers,
Bhabani Pani
sarawat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby sarawat Tue May 24, 2016 6:48 am

Thank you so much. I wish you all the best for your ACP exam. I know you will rock.

Thanks n Regards,
Sanjay Singh Rawat
bs_pani

Postby bs_pani Tue May 24, 2016 2:49 pm

Thanks Sanjay for keeping faith on me :)
sanjaykumar
Expert
Expert

Postby sanjaykumar Fri May 27, 2016 12:21 pm

Congrats again!
It was a pleasure connecting with you. Cheers!
Sanjay Kumar
Agile Trainer & Coach
sarawat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby sarawat Tue May 31, 2016 3:18 am

Thank you Sanjay.

Thanks n Regards,
Sanjay Singh Rawat

Return to “PMI-ACP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories”