PMI- ACP Exam Pass Today!!!!!!!!

PMI-ACP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories
abhibeats
Participant
Participant

PMI- ACP Exam Pass Today!!!!!!!!

Postby abhibeats Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:04 pm

Hi All,
I am very happy to share that I have passed my Pmi-Acp exam today.The exam contained all situational question, no question was straight forward,it was not an easy exam.
I really thank saket for support he has provided, and his online course is extremely useful.
I have used Mike' s book and saket online course package to prepare.
"I will definitely recommend saket video course to prepare exam."

My experience in one line is " don't take acp exam lightly prepare a lot"

Thanks to saket and his team.

Regards,
Abhishek PMP,PMI-ACP
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: PMI- ACP Exam Pass Today!!!!!!!!

Postby saket Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:49 am

Congratulations !!! and Thank you for enrolling and recommending our PMI-ACP program.
Explore our online PMP Program , it makes PMP Easy :-) http://goo.gl/ZmD3xF

Image Image Image Image
EsakkiMuthu
Contributor
Contributor

Postby EsakkiMuthu Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:21 am

Hey abhi Congrats man ... So your long Journey PMP then PMI-ACP whats next ??

If you have PDF version of Mike' s book, can you please forward to rexvivek@gmail.com .. Thanks man
Regards
Esakki
PMI-ACP, PMP
abhibeats
Participant
Participant

Postby abhibeats Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:55 pm

I am planning CSM for my 3rd certification, but nothing is decided will decide in 1-2 months.....
I dont have soft copy of Mike's book.....you can order from amazon or RMC.......
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby saket Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:13 am

CSM will need attending 2 days of class, exam is very simple and open book. But attending in person class is mandatory. So it is more spending two days and fee you pay for CSM. Do let us know if you wish to attend in any city of India, We can help you in CSM and taking the CSM to CSP.
Explore our online PMP Program , it makes PMP Easy :-) http://goo.gl/ZmD3xF

Image Image Image Image
abhibeats
Participant
Participant

Postby abhibeats Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:54 am

Thanks Saket.....I will definitely contact you.
bs_pani

Postby bs_pani Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:31 pm

Congrats Abhishek,

Could you kindly provide a brief notes abt PMI - ACP exam difficulty, preparation timelines, do & don'ts, Lesson Learned compare to PMP as you have appeared both the exam. It will definitely help me in my PMI - ACP preparation as I completed my PMP in 2014 and now planning to appear for PMI- ACP.

In several video and webinar Saket has stated that 4 to 6 weeks preparation is good enough but as the exam pattern has changed last year does the preparation time lines still hold good.

FYI I prepared for almost 4 months, 15 to 18 hours a week study time for my PMP preparation having break in between. And for PMI-ACP I am planing to appear the exam in end of June or 1st week of July with 15 to 18 hours a week study time with again break in between ;)

Any tips regarding this is highly appreciated.

Cheers,
Bhabani
abhibeats
Participant
Participant

Postby abhibeats Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:33 pm

Hi Bhabani,
compared to PMP,PMI -ACP syllabus is less (7 chapter compared to 14 chapeters), and since ur PMP it will be easy for you to understand concepts or compare concepts.ACP should be 30-40% of PMP.

I used Mike's book, seen saket's videos, used forum a lot and given all the test that comes with acp package.exam questions are situational, very few direct questions.I found sakets's test papers close to exam.
I think 8 weeks should be sufficient.

120 questions in 3 hrs. is lots of time so dont worry about time.practice situational questions.

let me know if you need more info.

Regards
Abhishek
bs_pani

Postby bs_pani Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:10 pm

Thanks Abhishek,

For swift response. I know ACP has less chapters and % wise is also less compare to PMP. My only worried factor is change in ACP exam patterns in last year. But what I understand is that the exam is more situation based question and no direct question from last year.

My plan is to start with Saket's video and go through twice and add Mike's book after that and use the forum for clarifying doubt.
Planning to use Saket's practice test and use http://pmi.books24x7.com/toc.aspx?bookid=54338. Not sure If i need to add more to the practice test.

Anything else that you / Saket want to add for the preparation?

We have more times and less questions in ACP compare to PMP. And in PMP, one will drain out in 4th hour and may not be able to concentrate in the last hour (I took a break after 3 hours )and hopefully that will not happen in ACP

I have more than 8 weeks so keeping my finger crossed.

Cheers,
Bhabani
abhibeats
Participant
Participant

Postby abhibeats Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:45 pm

dont worry about new exam pattern of acp......i also never thought of it ;) ;) ;)
nsubhakar

Postby nsubhakar Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:08 pm

Many Congratulatons Abhi.
Mahadevan
Beginner
Beginner

Postby Mahadevan Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:25 pm

Many congratulations Abhishek!!!
I joined PMI-ACP online program yesterday and started
Preparing from today. Understood how to approach
From this post... Will try my best to follow it.
abhibeats
Participant
Participant

Postby abhibeats Wed May 11, 2016 5:47 pm

Hi Saket,
I have one question regarding PMI membership, please suggest.

I took PMI membership last year 29th may 2015 which is ending on 30th may 2016 (after 20 days).I have passed PMP and ACP dring this period and certified for next 3 year.Now I am getting mail from PMI to renew membership for $129.0

my question is do I need to take membership again to retain my both certification??every year??

if not how i will report PDUs in future to retain my both certification???

Regards
Abhishek
bs_pani

Postby bs_pani Wed May 11, 2016 6:24 pm

Dear Abhishek,

Here is my take on your queries.

my question is do I need to take membership again to retain my both certification??every year??
- No

if not how i will report PDUs in future to retain my both certification???
- If you are not a member then your renewal fees will be different than if you are a member. You pay $150 each for PMP and PMI-ACP renewal if you are a non member. Where in the renewal fees for a member is only $60 per certificate.

So if you are planning to renew both your PMP and PMI-ACP at the same time being a member then you could save $90+ $90 (for each PMP and PMI-ACP Cert ) - $129 for membership renewal fees = $51.

There is catch in membership renewal which I just discovered. Lets say you are not renewing your membership now and renewing only on Jan 2017 then your membership will continue ONLY till May 2017 instead of Jan 2018.

I faced the same problem. I became a member on Nov 2014. Cleared by PMP and renewed my certificate. Did not renew membership for the year 2015. Now as I want to do the PMI-ACP so thought of renewing my membership to save some $ in exam fees and PMI-ACP certificate renewal fees.

But after paying my renewal fees of $129 in May 2016 I realize that my membership will be till Nov 2016 instead of May 2017. When I contacted PMI they offer me to renew till May 2017 as an exception. Its still in process and and dates has not been changed in my profile yet.

So if you are planning to renew both your PMP and PMI-ACP cert in next one year and I suggest you renew your membership now and complete the renewal process before May 2017 to save $51.

But again I am not sure what will happen if you try to renew your membership on lets say Jan 2018. Will they give membership till May 2018 or Jan 2019? Because you will miss two consecutive years.

Cheers,
Bhabani
cmutindori

Re: PMI- ACP Exam Pass!!!!

Postby cmutindori Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:06 pm

I passed my PMI-ACP exam last week on the first attempt.The study material was very helpful. i am encouraging other folks to work hard and do not give up on this journey to become certified.
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert

Postby seema.sonkiya Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:48 am

Congratulations!!!

I request to post your exam success story in separate thread here: viewforum.php?f=29

Return to “PMI-ACP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories”