Passed PMP - First Attempt - around 50 Days Study !

PMP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories
adeelans

Passed PMP - First Attempt - around 50 Days Study !

Postby adeelans Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:27 am

:D Thanks Izenbridge for the support. I passed my exam yesterday ( scored Above target) ;) . quite busy with work so I will summarize my lessons learned and I hope this will benefit other fellows

My Preparation:
* Duration: 50 days - 3 hours almost every day.
* Step 1 - Watched Izenbridge Videos, made proper notes and completed practice tests. Added further points in notes after reviewing each practice test's result
* Step two - Read my notes thoroughly and memorised key terminologies and key points and understood the sequence and purpose of each processes rather than memorising ITTOs. Saket has explained everything very well in his videos.
* Did not read any book thoroughly. Only used PMBOK and RITA for reference at times when I needed any clarification
* Started izenbridge Mock test and stopped after attempting 100 questions. Dont attempt it; it will discourage you. Too tough and too lengthy questions. Does not resemble the actual PMP test questions at all.
* Attempted free Mock test aavailable at http://www.greycampus.com and https://www.oliverlehmann.com. Reviewed results and made further notes.
* Attempted RITA book practice tests and reviewed results, added notes.
* Attempted Izenbridge knowledge area practice tests again and reviewed results, added notes.
* Revised notes thoroughly

Recommendation to Izenbridge:
1. Please change your Mock tests. It demotivates test takers. Questions are too lengthy and does not resemble the actual PMP questions. Maximum question length should be 3=4 lines.
2. Too much content on Agile. i will not recommend to remove because I gained much knowledge on AGILE through the videos. Just not relevant to PMP exam as I hardly got any question related to AGILE.

TIPs:
Focus more on Change Management Process / Change Approval process ( Rita has explained it very well )
Understand the processes and tools/technologies rather than memorising ITTOs
focus on Risk and Quality management Knowledge areas

Thanks and Good Luck everyone.
Last edited by adeelans on Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Passed PMP - First Attempt - around 50 Days Study !

Postby manishpn Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:16 am

Congratulations and well deserved,

w.r.t our Mocks :
First Mock is intended to be on tougher side to ensure that our students are well prepared.
Also note that PMI keeps changing its exam question pattern every few months , some months before questions were very lengthy and same can happen in future, so our mocks are designed to cater all flavors
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert

Postby seema.sonkiya Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:25 am

Congratulations for passing the PMP exam!!

Thanks for providing feedback, we are taking feedback on mock questions and started to make them shorter. It will be available this month,

BTW: It is observed whenever exam pattern change, PMI comes with compatriteivley easy questions and these questions become tough with time.

Right now we are making them to the current trend and will change complexity as they become in the future.

Regarding Agile Content: We have to add all content which belongs to Agile Practice Guide, these Guide concepts comes in the scope of your exam. In the real exam, questions could be less but these can be from anywhere of these concepts. Also, it is just a beginning of the new pattern, and based on years of experience, the exam pattern gets change and tough with time.
jyotimayank
Expert
Expert

Postby jyotimayank Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:49 am

Heartiest Congratulations!! on your success.

All the best for your future.
Jyoti Gupta
PMP Mentor & Coach

iZenbridge Consultancy Pvt Ltd

Return to “PMP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories”