CSM Forum Banner

Successfully completed PMP exam in first try

PMP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories
akshathagorur

Successfully completed PMP exam in first try

Postby akshathagorur Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:50 am

Hi Everyone,

I am really happy to share you this news that i cleared my PMP exam in my first try day before yesterday in Bangalore.

Yes, Of-course it is not a easy one for anybody whether you are an experienced and non-experienced PM, a very challenging exam but we are very lucky to have people from izenbridge to help us to make this this tough route into an easy one.

First of all remove your mindset about the barrier that oh, a tough one! can i get through as i dont have experience as PM.

I decided to take my PMP and joined a 4-day course in Bangalore on April 5th, 6th, 12th and 13th from another institute (dont want to specify the institute name). Even after this i did not understand the complete contents (i mean atleast the name of the contents) of PMP exam. They never talk about ITTO, did show all calculations in just 15 mins(if ur seeing these calculations for the first time, showing it for 15 mins makes u feel that it is not important for PMP exam, but i got maths questions for up to 30 marks), covered the difference between QA and QA in less than 5 mins...according to me, this is most confusing part of the question paper inspite of having lots of exp in software testing. This course made me confident that 3-4 days of 6hrs/day study is enough to clear this :( ....(Friends, u can understand from this that i hardly got anything for the money i spent on this course)
Then i did not get any seriousness till may 1st. From May 1st, i started reading Rita and PMBOK, completed them but now i know its huge and i am in the middle of the sea...donno what to memorize, what to learn in depth and how to remember things and so many doubts and wanted clarifications. It was may 20th by then and found free saket's videos about PMP concepts in google. I found it very comfortable and i called and spoke to saket and told my problem. After talking to him, i ordered for the izenbridge's online course material and went through each topic twice day in and day out. By May 30th, i scheduled for the exam date as 20th June 2014.

Seven simple tips :
1. Go through these videos 3 to 5 times till you are comfortable. I went thru 4 times.
2. Memorize all 47 processes and write it everyday. This will help u to prepare brain dump in the exam hall.
3. Pin up all process ITTO's knowledge area wise and go through everyday in the morning for 15 mins. As always Saket says do not memorize, understand why they are relevant.
4. Know all formulas and practice maths question well. Read glossary and understand them well. This will definitely help u to eliminate least answers.
5. Take Mock exams which are geniune and make notes for all your wrong answers.
6. Two days before the exam, just go through the presentations provided by izenbridge in the online pack which will help u revise everything.
7. Do not read anything a day before the exam....just relax

My Question paper type:
Around 30 mathematical questions
A good count of risk response questions...so get a good undertanding about it.
Difference between Quality planning, QA , QC
A lot of questions in identifying Inputs, tools and techniques and outputs
There were some EV charts and they will ask you what is the state of SPI and CPI at month 10, 12 etc. there were couple of combinations like this.
Ofcourse learn to read 2-3 stanza questions. In this i used a tip, if i get a very big question, i read the last line and then will re-read whole thing again.
My real PMP journey is from May 20th to June 18th and i would like to say thanks to saket for all his support and guidence whenever i called him. His words used to boost my confidence every time i spoke to him.
Thanks to Namitha for supporting and guiding me while answering to my clarifications. I really appreciate your patience.

All the best Guys :)

Thanks,
Akshatha
signor_rk
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Successfully completed PMP exam in first try

Postby signor_rk Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:59 am

Congratulation to you on your success ......

Regards,

Ranjit
Regards ,

Ranjit
akshathagorur

Postby akshathagorur Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:33 am

Thanks Ranjit.
indusharma

Postby indusharma Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:33 am

Congratulations :)
Indu Sharma
PMP Trainer
iZenbridge Consultancy Pvt Ltd
bsmanoj
Beginner
Beginner

Postby bsmanoj Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:36 pm

CONGRATS
namita

Postby namita Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:42 pm

Congratulations and very happy to know that we were of help in your journey. All the best and stay connected for many more successes. ...:)
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby saket Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:10 am

Congratulation !!! as per our vision the journey with us does not end with completing the certification.... we recommend our clients to remain connected.... many more learning opportunities with us, once done with PMP our client can look into real usages of project management knowledge. Stay connected.... :)
Explore our online PMP Program , it makes PMP Easy :-) http://goo.gl/ZmD3xF

Image Image Image Image
akshathagorur

Postby akshathagorur Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:19 am

Thank you all. I need your support and suggestions to become a successful project manager.

Thanks,
Akshatha.
coolnenapirali
Beginner
Beginner

Postby coolnenapirali Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:40 pm

Congrats...

Return to “PMP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories”