PMP success story in 49 days - 3rd March

PMP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories
pmpaspire

PMP success story in 49 days - 3rd March

Postby pmpaspire Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:16 am

I have cleared my PMP exam on 3rd Mar with 4 AT and 1 T. I have challenged myself to focus and crack PMP in 49 days. I have invested 170 hours in 49 days and has helped to build momentum and confidence.

I really wanted to appreciate Mr.Saket for his fantastic video explanation on PMP concepts. Even complex concepts the way it was explained looked easy to digest and understand. Also special thanks to the izenbridge team.

Study Materials
1) Izenbridge Videos (Twice)
2) Rita (Twice)
3) Christopher Mock exam(upto Mock 13)
4) PMBOK(Once)

Study Pattern
Initially started reading Rita 3 chapters and kind of lost in the ocean. Earlier i have reached out to my friend asking how he approached PMP and he gave a huge list of study material and links but he also mentioned about Saket free videos in Youtube. Nowadays its being digital videos world so i started watching Saket youtube free videos and realized go forward approach is to subscribe to complete videos and understand the concepts.

I use to watch one chapter of Saket videos- parallely captured notes for future reference and immediately started reading that particular Rita chapter and attended end of chapter Rita questions and izen chapter wise questions. Later i started reading PMBOK glossary and realized i need to study PMBOK atleast once. I decided to complete 1 chapter each day but it was kind of dry reading PMBOK. Then once again i started watching izen vidoes and Rita.

I created a bi-weekly training plan and started tracking with the hours spent daily and the topics covered. This helped me to find out whether i am on track or contigency hours needs to be added :). On a average weekly 20 to 21 hours of study time.

Practise exam
a) Christopher Socordo Mock(2013 version) i use to take daily 1 Mock exam and verify both the justifications for both wrong/correct and helped to build the gaps. This really helped during actual exam.
b) Izenbridge - chapter wise, Knowledge/Process wise quiz
c) Rita - chapter wise Q's
e) Rita PMFastrack Crack- Attended only Planning, Execution, M&C - 200 questions each area by validating the answers instantly( This was really tough)
e) Mock - 4 hr exam - Attended only 1 mock 2 days prior to exam - "Final Mock exam in izenbridge- Dynamic" (Scored 77.5%)

Actual exam
Lot of questions on Stakeholders, Risk/Procurement/Quality/Conflict/Resource Mgmt, calculation around 5 Q's, Initiation/Closing very tricky question. No direct ITTO
Brain dump is not allowed during 15 mins time and i just wrote formulas after the clock started.
I completed my exam in 3.5 hours and last 30 minutes used for reviewing marked questions but didn't have enough time to review all the marked questions. Once the clock stopped and Congratulations message appeared was a huge relief to achieve a major milestone of PMP.

Key thing which i wanted to share everyone is have a daily study pattern and stay focused with confidence will help to add PMP feather in our cap. Good luck and Best wishes !!
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: PMP success story in 49 days - 3rd March

Postby manishpn Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:51 pm

congratulations and thank you for choosing Iznebridge
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/

Return to “PMP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories”