One day bangalore & kolkata

Passed PMP in fist attempt on 28.01.2018

PMP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories
sknishad

Passed PMP in fist attempt on 28.01.2018

Postby sknishad Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:34 am

Dear all, i am glad to announce that i have cleared my PMP in first attempt on 28.01.2018.
All domain- Above Target
Except Closing- Target.

It was a great journey with challenges.

I was first thinking to start preparation in Oct 2016 but couldn't due to lack of knowledge about PMP, its resources for preperation and high cost associated with it (was considering classroom training). Then again started to think about it one year later. This time i searched every option and decided to go with Izenbridge online training.

I started preparation in Nov 2017 and in third week of Dec 2017 i was confident that i can appear for exam in Mid January. But considering some study time constraints and risks i schedule my exam on 28.01.2018.

Preperation-
1.PMBOK - No of times?- 3 Times ( Number does not matter actually, you should be able to understand the processes and contents of book)
2.Rita- 2 Times
3.Izen Videos- 3 times
4.Izen questions- Completed all exercise, 200set questions-about 85%, Dynamic test-91.5% (I was expecting that dynamic test will have no repeat question, but it was against my expectation, it was having a good number of repeated question. Izen should have at least one dynamic test without any repetition of questions.
Scordo mock exam sets- could complete upto Mock exam no. 11, (time constraint)- all about 85%
5. About 4 Hrs Study per day
Overall experience in Exam
- a very good interface
-A good level English language (A good Vocabulary knowledge is required in some questions)
-Difficulty level of the questions was varying little to very high.
-EV, 3-4 questions without requirement of calculations
-No direct ITTO Questions

Suggestion
1. Dont memorize anything (except formulas, in fact most formulas also can be understood)
2. Understand the complete concept, processes and content in PMBOK. All the relevant process should run in your mind while reading the question
3. Izen and Rita practice questions
4. Further preparation based upon your own expert Judgement.

Special Thanks to-
Izen Team- Saket, Seema, Namita
Forum Member- Ajay
ajaynit
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Passed PMP in fist attempt on 28.01.2018

Postby ajaynit Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:14 am

Hi sknishad ,

congratulations on your achievement.
thanks for thanking me (if the ajay you mentioned in your post is me).

can you please suggest on glossary?
1. how many questions you faced directly coming out of glossary?
2. going through each one is difficult (even if you go through by understanding it well then also i tend to forget or miss).
i guess during exam using elimination technique it should be possible to filter the correct one.. any thoughts here?
3. are questions lengthy?
4. i am sticking to PMBOK+saket . is that good enough?
sknishad

Postby sknishad Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:05 am

Ajay,
Please find my reply

1. how many questions you faced directly coming out of glossary?-There was no direct questions on glossary but was included in questions. You should understand them instead of memorizing them.
2. going through each one is difficult (even if you go through by understanding it well then also i tend to forget or miss).-In this case you can go through the list say every 2 days. just read the term and think if you know this term. If you know it skip to next. if you dont understand read the description. Overall ,-All the terms you should know, they can appear anywhere in the questions.
i guess during exam using elimination technique it should be possible to filter the correct one.. any thoughts here?- I answered around 3 questions in this way.
3. are questions lengthy?- Say 3-4 liners on average
4. i am sticking to PMBOK+saket . is that good enough?. I will recommend to absorb certain extra materials provided in RITA.
Prachi Bansal

Postby Prachi Bansal Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:55 am

sknishad wrote:Ajay,
Please find my reply

1. how many questions you faced directly coming out of glossary?-There was no direct questions on glossary but was included in questions. You should understand them instead of memorizing them.
2. going through each one is difficult (even if you go through by understanding it well then also i tend to forget or miss).-In this case you can go through the list say every 2 days. just read the term and think if you know this term. If you know it skip to next. if you dont understand read the description. Overall ,-All the terms you should know, they can appear anywhere in the questions.
i guess during exam using elimination technique it should be possible to filter the correct one.. any thoughts here?- I answered around 3 questions in this way.
3. are questions lengthy?- Say 3-4 liners on average
4. i am sticking to PMBOK+saket . is that good enough?. I will recommend to absorb certain extra materials provided in RITA.

Hi,

Can you suggest what all should one go through the RITA. I am also preparing and thinking only to stick to Izenbridge and PMBOK. Haven't touched the RITA yet,

Thanks,
Prachi Bansal
sknishad

Postby sknishad Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:13 am

Hi Prachi,
if you go through RITA you will find certain terms like sunk cost , depreciation, GERT, etc which are not very often in exams i guess but we should know these. Important is some tricks of the trade and things to memorize.

For exams if you prepare with PMBOK and IZen materials, it is more than enough,

Return to “PMP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories”