Facilitation Skill for Agile Leaders

Passed PMP!

PMP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories
NMuraliMohan

Passed PMP!

Postby NMuraliMohan Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:08 am

Friends,
I am glad to inform that I passed PMP yesterday - 2nd March 2017. I am thankful to Saket and his team for providing access to iZenBridge's course content and exams. Also, the wisdom passed on by Saket in the hangout session was helpful.

I would like to share my take on the preparation for PMP:

1) It is PMBOK, PMBOK, PMBOK all the way - no second thought.

2) Study PMI Code of ethics first and last too. This helps align yourself with the PMI philosophy.

3) Read PMBOK first. Note all examples, bulleted points and diagrams carefully. Prepare charts for Project Charter, WBS Dictionary, Issue log, RACI chart, Risk Register, Stakeholder register, etc. These activities and diagrams in PMBOK help us to remember good points.

4) Read Rita's book or any other book. I personally prefer skipping this step. However, there is value in Rita's exercises, Initiating and executing process groups. Additionally, reading the chapter on Quality helps.

---> Steps 3 & 4 should ideally take 13 * (Number of days per chapter) where 13 is the total number of chapters in PMBOK.

5) Attempt chapter-wise questions from iZenBridge, Scordio and Aileen Ellis's books - there are 4 "very" short books in all. The good thing about these books is they go by PMBOK.

Inspect and adapt:
6) Now take 1 or 2 mock exams to assess where we are. Please don't waste time on too many mock tests.

7) Identify weaknesses and work on them - REPEAT. Notice how the questions are framed and study accordingly. For example, one could frame 3 questions from a single paragraph under Mitigate in Risk Responses process.

8) Take another mock exam. Identify weakness and work. By now, you would have fixed the date.

9) Take heart when you see questions from unknown topics on the exam - they might be experimental questions.

10) Work hard and you would not need luck!

When you are unclear about a topic watch iZenBridge's videos - they help.

Hope it helps!

PS: If possible, form a study group and exchange ideas.
Thanks,
Murali
barnita_n

Re: Passed PMP!

Postby barnita_n Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:03 am

congratulations
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Postby manishpn Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:13 pm

congratulations and thanks for sharing your thoughts
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby saket Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:41 am

Congratulations !!! and here i share the link of the video conversation which i had with Murali while he was preparing for exam. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYQ1MzvC4rg
Explore our online PMP Program , it makes PMP Easy :-) http://goo.gl/ZmD3xF

Image Image Image Image
NMuraliMohan

Postby NMuraliMohan Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:29 am

Thanks Barnita! I hope it is useful. If you have any questions you may email to nmmzone@gmail.com.
dsharma06

Postby dsharma06 Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:08 am

Congratulations Murli.

Return to “PMP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories”