CSM Forum Banner

PMP'ed 2/18

PMP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories
Sivakvepa

PMP'ed 2/18

Postby Sivakvepa Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:41 pm

Hi Guys,
Wanted to share with you my success:
I studied the PMBOK starting August/Sept and read just like any other book. Registed for iZenBridge PMP course and watched all the video's and did all the quiz's at the end of the chapters. I registered for the exam in Dec.

One of my friends at work recommended the HeadFirst PMP book. I bought it sometime in the 2nd week of Jan. and went through it thoroughly and did all the practice questions at the end of the chapter. I spent more time in analyzing the answers that were marked incorrectly. At the end of the book, I was at 80 - 85%. I was not much worried about the %, but I was more worried about being consistent.

I did practice tests from the Christopher Sordo.... I did about 180 pages... Analyzed all the wrong answers and fixed my thought process. Infact I spent more time fixing the gaps than taking more tests.

I did not read the Rita book, but did the practice exercises at the end of the chapters.

My recommendation:
Do not spend too much time doing all kinds of practice tests. Do the good ones. If you did about 1500 questions and were able to fix all the gaps.... I would say, you are on the right track.

On the HeadFirst book, make sure you read all the 'Tips for the exam' at the end of the chapters. You need to know them all.

If you need more details, email me.

All the best to you all and thanks for Saket and team for making things easier for all the aspirants.

~Siva :)
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert

Re: PMP'ed 2/18

Postby seema.sonkiya Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:33 am

Congratulations!!
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: PMP'ed 2/18

Postby manishpn Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:54 pm

thanks for sharing your experience, yes its critical to spend time on wrong answers and bridge GAP
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/

Return to “PMP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories”