CSM Forum Banner

Passed PMP on Sep 8th !!!

PMP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories
upeddibh

Passed PMP on Sep 8th !!!

Postby upeddibh Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:30 am

Passed PMP on my first try !!!!!

I passed my PMP exam yesterday 8-Sep-2016. Feeling really happy and relieved to Pass.

Let me tell you my preparation story, it may help others in their preparation :)

Preapation time : 3 months

I took training from an institute in April, then in May I filled my application. I was not taking the exam serious until I paid my application fees :)
I started preparing for exam from Jun onwards, it took overall 3 months fully to prepare and gave the exam finally on Sep 8
Weekdays - I spent 4 - 5 hrs...
Weenend - around 2 hrs...I could not spend much time on weekend,
In the last mile of my preparation I took leave for 1 week to be more focused on my study

I purchased Saket's online training course from iZenBridge during July 1st week to get more insight and to understand the concepts and for the mock exams - I think I did a right thing purchasing the course.

I should really thank Jyoti, Manish, Ankur and ofcourse the Master Saket for your support, you guys really deserve a thumbs up !!!.
I really recommend for all PMP asipirants to take this online course to get a clear understanding on the concepts and to be confident while taking up the exam questions.

Sources used for preparation :

PMBOK - read 2 times
Rita - read 3 times
Headfirst - read 1 time as the book had more graphical representation and that makes you easy to understand
iZenBridge

Mock tests - Tried many Mock tests

Christopher scordo pmp questions
Sean Whitaker pmp questions
Oliver Lehmann 75 & 175
Certchamp
Project management academy
Edwel
Headfirst
Brainbok
Pmhub
Pmstudy
izenbridge ( I purchased online training material - total of 5 full mock tests, which includes the latest Jan 2016 changes)
Exam central
free pm exam simulator by cornious fitchner
projectmanagement.com(completed 400 ques although more than 1000 available)
Rita

Night before exam :

I started feeling little nervous about the exam but I told myself that 'I SHOULD CONTROL THE EXAM, exam should not control me !!!!'

Exam Day :

I reached 45 min before the time and completed all the formalities, started my exam on time.
I was prepared mentally that I will have a lot of disturbance while taking the exam espeically with other folks writing there GRE/TOFEL exams and it went the same way !!!
10 % of questions were of low difficulty, 60% medium and 30% high.
Lot of focus on initiating and closing.Also many questions were from pre-initiating phase.
There were lot of questions involving stakeholders,communications,change management,collect requirements process.
around 10-12 questions on numerical calculations ( EVM, network diagram , communcation channels, SPI, CPI etc )
Overall I would say a lot of dedicatation and thorogh understanding of concepts is needed to prepare for the exam

I should thank all my stakeholders(my wife, 4 yr old kid, my parents, my in-laws) who are all well engaged in my project and making it a success :)

Now I am searching for PDU's....
ankurjig
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Passed PMP on Sep 8th !!!

Postby ankurjig Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:07 am

Congratulations and all the best !

Ankur
basheer_PMP

Postby basheer_PMP Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:11 pm

Congratulations & all the best
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby saket Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:13 pm

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your PMP preparation journey.

Regards,
Saket
Explore our online PMP Program , it makes PMP Easy :-) http://goo.gl/ZmD3xF

Image Image Image Image
jyotimayank
Expert
Expert

Postby jyotimayank Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:40 am

Dear Uday,

Heartiest congratulations!! on your success. Do stay connected with us via this forum. :)
Jyoti Gupta
PMP Mentor & Coach

iZenbridge Consultancy Pvt Ltd
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert

Postby seema.sonkiya Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:37 am

Congratulations Uday!!

For PDUs, I advice to refer following blog: http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/how-to-e ... fications/

Return to “PMP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories”