CSM Forum Banner

My PMP Journey

PMP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories
kavyanagpal6

My PMP Journey

Postby kavyanagpal6 Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:07 am

Thanks to the 'Team iZenBridge' & Saket Sir for your amazing guidance!

I appeared for the PMP exam yesterday on 24th August and successfully cleared the same. I now have those 3 magical words "PMP" after my name.

About my preparation -
It took me 4 months to get the grip of the concepts/objective/logic - I reckon, once you are clear of these 3 things, you should be ready to face the exam!

Study material referred: PMBOK 5, RITA Mulcahy, Scordo question bank, iZenbridge online classes by Mr. Saket, Head First, Ande Crowe & Joseph Phillip.

I started my preparation with Head First, Ande Crowe and Joseph Phillip before getting into the other study materials. Its all up to one another which book you prefer or rather how many books you wish to refer but i referred to these books because i wanted my basic concepts to be very clear before i move forward.
Further, I went through all of the iZenbridge online videos chapter wise (a must for all PMP aspirants) + solving the questions, followed by Rita Mulcahy, followed by attempting full question papers of iZenbridge/RITA/SCORDO/Head First/Ande Crowe.

I also joined "PM Study Official group for PMP & CAPM Exam Prep", "I want to be PMP" group on Linkedin which also helped me answering lots of questions, clearing my doubts during my PMP journey.

About the exam –
All 200 questions were situational! So if someone is not clear with the PMBOK concepts/objectives, then you must postpone your exam till you are clear!
Heavy focus on “What PM do next?”, “What’s the correct approach?”, “How to best handle this situation?” kind of questions.
Focus more on Initiation, Planning part of Scope / Risk / STAKEHOLDER (Very very important), Change Management, Manage Communication, Manage Stakeholders.

My Suggestion to aspiring candidates –
1. Focus on "Understanding the concepts & idea behind each concept", "Why do project managers do certain things in the order prescribed". For round level of understanding you may refer to "Head First" at this stage.
2. Read through PMBOK once thoroughly & understand ITTO thoroughly (I managed to remember all of them ;)
3. Go through all of the iZenbridge online videos chapter wise + solving the chapter based questions. Don't rush but focus to understand the concepts and then try to relate with each other.
4. Read RITA Mulcahy and focus on "highlighted & important notes"- having gone through Mr. Saket's videos you would have your concepts in place by now; RITA will help reaffirming it.
5. Attempt solving full question papers of iZenbridge (very very interesting & awesome questions, this will help you clear PMBOK concepts which we generally overlook & miss but are most important), followed by RITA & SCORDO (very important - helped me a lot!!)
6. If you have seriously followed the above schedule & are clear with the "WHY" part of it project manager's work, then 'you are ready to rock!'. Scoring certain % in your mock tests will certainly be a confidence booster if have scored 70+ on izenbridge 200 questions segment for more than 2 consecutive times (non repetitive paper) & Scordo will give you that "feel good factor" if you score more than 75% in its last 3 question segments.

If any aspirant need any information related to PMP & its preparation, drop me mail on kavyanagpal6@gmail.com and I will be very happy to assist to best of my knowledge.
Last edited by kavyanagpal6 on Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert

Re: My PMP Journey

Postby seema.sonkiya Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:45 am

Congratulation Kavya and thanks for sharing your exam lesson learned
ankurjig
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ankurjig Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:04 am

Congratulations to you Kavya.

Ankur
kavyanagpal6

Postby kavyanagpal6 Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:03 am

Many thanks Seema!!!

Many thanks Ankur!!
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Postby manishpn Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:11 am

Congratulations !!! and thanks for sharing your experience
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby saket Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:21 am

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your journey here and linkedin.
Explore our online PMP Program , it makes PMP Easy :-) http://goo.gl/ZmD3xF

Image Image Image Image
srinivas.adla
Beginner
Beginner

Postby srinivas.adla Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:04 pm

kavyanagpal6 wrote:Thanks to the 'Team iZenBridge' & Saket Sir for your amazing guidance!

I appeared for the PMP exam yesterday on 24th August and successfully cleared the same. I now have those 3 magical words "PMP" after my name.

About my preparation -
It took me 4 months to get the grip of the concepts/objective/logic - I reckon, once you are clear of these 3 things, you should be ready to face the exam!

Study material referred: PMBOK 5, RITA Mulcahy, Scordo question bank, iZenbridge online classes by Mr. Saket, Head First, Ande Crowe & Joseph Phillip.

I started my preparation with Head First, Ande Crowe and Joseph Phillip before getting into the other study materials. Its all up to one another which book you prefer or rather how many books you wish to refer but i referred to these books because i wanted my basic concepts to be very clear before i move forward.
Further, I went through all of the iZenbridge online videos chapter wise (a must for all PMP aspirants) + solving the questions, followed by Rita Mulcahy, followed by attempting full question papers of iZenbridge/RITA/SCORDO/Head First/Ande Crowe.

I also joined "PM Study Official group for PMP & CAPM Exam Prep", "I want to be PMP" group on Linkedin which also helped me answering lots of questions, clearing my doubts during my PMP journey.

About the exam –
All 200 questions were situational! So if someone is not clear with the PMBOK concepts/objectives, then you must postpone your exam till you are clear!
Heavy focus on “What PM do next?”, “What’s the correct approach?”, “How to best handle this situation?” kind of questions.
Focus more on Initiation, Planning part of Scope / Risk / STAKEHOLDER (Very very important), Change Management, Manage Communication, Manage Stakeholders.

My Suggestion to aspiring candidates –
1. Focus on "Understanding the concepts & idea behind each concept", "Why do project managers do certain things in the order prescribed". For round level of understanding you may refer to "Head First" at this stage.
2. Read through PMBOK once thoroughly & understand ITTO thoroughly (I managed to remember all of them ;)
3. Go through all of the iZenbridge online videos chapter wise + solving the chapter based questions. Don't rush but focus to understand the concepts and then try to relate with each other.
4. Read RITA Mulcahy and focus on "highlighted & important notes"- having gone through Mr. Saket's videos you would have your concepts in place by now; RITA will help reaffirming it.
5. Attempt solving full question papers of iZenbridge (very very interesting & awesome questions, this will help you clear PMBOK concepts which we generally overlook & miss but are most important), followed by RITA & SCORDO (very important - helped me a lot!!)
6. If you have seriously followed the above schedule & are clear with the "WHY" part of it project manager's work, then 'you are ready to rock!'. Scoring certain % in your mock tests will certainly be a confidence booster if have scored 70+ on izenbridge 200 questions segment for more than 2 consecutive times (non repetitive paper) & Scordo will give you that "feel good factor" if you score more than 75% in its last 3 question segments.

If any aspirant need any information related to PMP & its preparation, drop me mail on kavyanagpal6@gmail.com and I will be very happy to assist to best of my knowledge.

Congrats ...Can you share Head First" soft copy
basheer_PMP

Postby basheer_PMP Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:58 pm

Congratulations.

Return to “PMP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories”