CSM Forum Banner

Passed PMP on 28'th July

PMP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories
rv557w

Passed PMP on 28'th July

Postby rv557w Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:36 am

Hi,

I passed PMP on 28'th July with 1P and 4 MP. I was able to complete exam in close to 3 hrs and honestly I did not find the exam complicated, lengthy or difficult. It was well explained and to the point.

Preparation: I bought training videos from Izenbridge. I also had access to knowledge woods mock test by virtue of attending their classroom course. I learned mostly from Saket's video and reading Rita prep book. I did try to read PmBOk but it wasn't my cup of tea. I read many lesson learned and found that Qs were mostly situational so dumped PMBOK all together.

Mock test: I did try Izenbridge's mock test but many questions were based on PMBOK's verbatim. Lest it midway and started with Knowledge mock. Questions were mostly situational and fact based. I also made sure that my I do not commit mistake on questions based on facts or calculations, such as conflict resolution, group decision making technique, 7Q tools and EVM. Well made note of ITTO in spreadsheet and would go through them every 3 days because RIta's prep book isn't based on ITTO. My weak areas were , inputs and constituent of EEF and OPA. There were many inputs that did not made sense to me, read PMBOK but it was terrible. I gave up. Infact i never opened PMBOK after that at all. My main prep material were Saket's videos, Rita's prep book and few blogs on PMP. I did not attend more than 5 mock test , I lost focus after 5 test and I was continuously scoring between 75 - 80% in them .

Exam: Questions were not at all lengthy, it was well explained and to the point. Many questions on Stakeholder though.Infact i was able to maintain focus for the entire duration which i found lacking when i took mock. Most of questions were based on situations. I applied elimination technique to answer most of the questions. Like i said , i mostly used Saket's training video's and Rita's prep book and i l think it served me well.

Post exam: It has been two days since i passed the exam but I have not received any mail from PMI as yet confirming my pass status. How long does it take ?
ankurjig
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Passed PMP on 28'th July

Postby ankurjig Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:53 am

Congratulations

I hope the exam center gave you the printout which states that you have passed and the proficiency level for each process group.

I had received the mail from PMI the next day of clearing the exam. Are you able to login to PMI website and check the status there ?

And also do not forget to order for your PMP Certification Pin from the PMI online store (it is at no extra cost).

Ankur
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Postby manishpn Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:29 am

congratulations and thanks for sharing your experience!
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
rv557w

Postby rv557w Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:55 pm

Hi Ankur,

i did receive score sheet from prometric but i have not received any mail from PMI nor there is anything about about it on PMI website under my profile. I will wait for couple of more days before i reach out to customer care.
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Postby manishpn Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:29 pm

Dont worry you will hear from PMI, keep your PMI scores with you, if you happen to call them, alternatively you can also email them
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
jyotimayank
Expert
Expert

Postby jyotimayank Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:27 am

Dear Rohit,

Heartiest congratulations on your success!! Stay connected with iZenbridge.
Jyoti Gupta
PMP Mentor & Coach

iZenbridge Consultancy Pvt Ltd

Return to “PMP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories”