CSM Forum Banner

Went home with extra 3 letters in my name

PMP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories
lorenz

Went home with extra 3 letters in my name

Postby lorenz Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:13 pm

Hi friends, I sat down for the PMP exam this afternoon and after about four and a half hours, I got new letters I can use with my name - PMP!

Thank you Saket, Indu, and all for the support. My only regret in my preparation was that I have found IZenBridge in the later part of my study period so I wasn't able to enroll in the course. The webinars and blogs were enormous! Those helped a clear a lot of doubts, along with the clarification questions I posted in this forum.

If I decide to pursue my PMI-ACP exam, IZenBridge will be the way to go. More power to Saket and company for their tireless, passion-driven and friendly approach to helping students achieve their goals.

:)
Yosuf
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Went home with extra 3 letters in my name

Postby Yosuf Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:29 pm

Congrats!!!!
hi2shrads
Contributor
Contributor

Postby hi2shrads Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:22 pm

Do share your lessons learned and preparation method
What all you put as benchmark
lorenz

Postby lorenz Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:44 pm

I have read Head First, skimmed Rita (sixth edition) and used PMBOK as reference. I paid for an online class to get the PDUs (this is where I wish I knew about IZenBridge). I bought a couple of practice exam from Simplilearn and Tough Questions practice test from PMZilla (I only used the bonus questions only, I ran out of time for the main test). I practiced using Scordo (PMI Knowledge Shelf) and IZenBridge's free questions. I subsribed to IZenBridge's Youtube channel and watched the vids; I posted a few questions in this forum as well which clarified a lot of things for me.

During the exam:

Funny thing is, I tried to beat the 'tutorial clock' during the exam dumping my brains out only to realize after the test that I didn't use my brain dumps at all :lol:

There was a point when I thought I was taking a full test on Integrated Change Control - a lot, and I mean a lot, of questions about managing changes! I enjoyed the calculations part but too bad for me there weren't a lot of them.

I only took 1 break (about 5-7 minutes). I answered all the questions, and all that was left for me was 10 minutes to review my answers. I marked about 5 questions and I was able to review them (I changed about 3 of them during the review) and when I checked the clock, there was only about 3 minutes left.

I clicked the 'End Exam' button, the screen turned white (I can see the mouse pointer so I wasn't worried). I was holding my breath and expecting the result to appear in front of me only to be presented with the PMI survey :lol:

I finished the survey and there goes my 4Ps and 1MP ( arghh that Closing group! :? )
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby saket Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:34 pm

Congratulation !!! and its a great news... and i am happy to know that our resources contributed in your PMP preparation... we will also contribute in maintaining your certificate....so stay connected.... and keep earning PDUs...
Explore our online PMP Program , it makes PMP Easy :-) http://goo.gl/ZmD3xF

Image Image Image Image
bsmanoj
Beginner
Beginner

Postby bsmanoj Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:00 pm

Congrats Lorenz
indusharma

Postby indusharma Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:39 am

Great news Lorenz :)
:) Congratulations !!!
Indu Sharma
PMP Trainer
iZenbridge Consultancy Pvt Ltd
Vignesh

Postby Vignesh Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:30 am

Congrats....... One coincidence between us is the "regret for knowing izenbridge only during later stage of preparation"
kshitij_y
PMP

Postby kshitij_y Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:29 pm

Congrats Lorenz
lorenz

Postby lorenz Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:48 pm

Thanks for the congratulatory messages! best wishes to candidates :)
hi2shrads
Contributor
Contributor

Postby hi2shrads Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:24 pm

Superb. Thanks for sharing the lessons learned.
Could you please tell what was the score in Practice test from various channels you mentioned like Izenbridge, Scordo, Simplilearn etc?

Shraddha
coolnenapirali
Beginner
Beginner

Postby coolnenapirali Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:36 am

Congrats...
lorenz

Postby lorenz Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:55 am

Could you please tell what was the score in Practice test from various channels you mentioned like Izenbridge, Scordo, Simplilearn etc?

I forgot the specifics, for Scordo and IZenBridge practice tests I believe I got decent scores around 75-85%. My two Simplilearn tests yielded around 72% and 75%. I know many experts advocate taking a lot of practice tests but I took a different approach. I have taken a couple of technical certification exams before and I am familiar with dealing with long tests. PMP exam, I'd say surprised me a bit if I may say. I assumed that I will be able to finish the test with around at least 30 minutes remaining for review, but I was wrong. I had to read the questions at least twice - English isn't my primary language.

I used the practice tests mainly to discover unfamiliar terms and scenarios, all of which I took note of and did some research. The videos posted on IZenBridge channel in Youtube saved a lot of time in my preparations.

Sorry for the long post, I am still feeling the 'aftershock' of the exam :lol:
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby saket Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:43 pm

I made this video today , and it has some important advice for newly certified PMP Professionals. You can save 90 USD if you follow advice given in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHjZzM2MEC4
Explore our online PMP Program , it makes PMP Easy :-) http://goo.gl/ZmD3xF

Image Image Image Image
lorenz

Postby lorenz Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:57 am

makes a lot of sense, thank you Saket. ;)
yogesh
Contributor
Contributor

Postby yogesh Tue May 06, 2014 10:36 am

lorenz wrote:I have read Head First, skimmed Rita (sixth edition) and used PMBOK as reference.

First of all congrats .

I want to know how u used PMBOK as reference ? Do u mean u have read selected topics from this book or U have read this book one time ?

I am preparing for PMP

my preparation
1.Rita and head first
2. Andy crown audio and saket video
3. Paid questionarie from PMPFORSURE and free question from (rita,PMI site, head first)

I am not reading PMBOK ..if I skip PMBOK will it be fine ?

Return to “PMP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories”