CSM Forum Banner

Cleared PMP on 30th May :-)

PMP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories
abhishekrajverma

Cleared PMP on 30th May :-)

Postby abhishekrajverma Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:41 am

Hello everyone,

I cleared my PMP on 30th May with 4 Proficient and 1 Moderately Proficient in M&C.

[b]Study plan[/b]

I enrolled into online PMP class , provided by my company, in January 2016. By attending their online classes, for several weeks, and solving assignments, I was able to receive 35 PDUs needed for PMP. I studied PMBOK, including glossary and appendix, thoroughly and studied study material provided by the training provider. I was not an active member of iZenbridge but for tough concepts, I do used to watch Saket’s videos for example Start to Finish, Resource smoothing, Configuration management plan etc. and used forum to read discussion on Olivier’s question bank.

I have read in the success stories of other folks who cleared PMP that one needs to study books, apart from PMBOK, Rita, Scordo, Aileen etc. I disagree with this view because one needs to read PMP thoroughly at least couple of time and use some good source for practice questions. Of course!! Saket’s vidoes are very good source too for clearing concepts. There is plethora of information and book available and candidates should not be bogged down reading each and every book/practice questions that are available. My friend cleared PMP on 13th May by reading PMP 3 times and free good quality test papers available on internet. Those of you who are struggling in network diagram can purchase Aileen’s book on network diagram. It is good book which contains good network diagram questions for practice.

Like any candidate who plan to appears for the exam, I was in a fix how to remember all ITTOs. I did not learnt them. By the time, I finished reading PMBOK 3 times, I remembered most of them and even if I did not remembered them, I was able to guess them right by using logical relationship.

I scored mostly 75% in free PMP tests that are available including Olivier’s tests as well as iZenbridge’s mock test.

Going forward, when I plan for Agile certification, I’ll enroll into iZenbridge ACP program.

Thanks
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Cleared PMP on 30th May :-)

Postby manishpn Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:10 am

congratulations on your success. Wish you all the best
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
Amit.S

Postby Amit.S Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:24 pm

Congrats abhishekrajverma!

Can you please share;
1. which all free resources for practice questions you used while preparation.
2. Does all the question were lengthy, long sentences, scenario based or some are even direct question, how many maths question...any break up if you remember...will help me to plan my preparation.
3. Did you finished your exam well within 4 hours or its tough to keep up the face in real exam.

Thanks
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby saket Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:22 am

Congratulations !!! and we will make your agile certification process faster as well.
Explore our online PMP Program , it makes PMP Easy :-) http://goo.gl/ZmD3xF

Image Image Image Image

Return to “PMP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories”