CSM Forum Banner

Cleared PMP in 1st attempt on 28th April

PMP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories
deepti.naga

Cleared PMP in 1st attempt on 28th April

Postby deepti.naga Tue May 03, 2016 11:42 am

Finally I earned this text in my signature!! After 3 months of studies and persistence…

Big Thanks to Saket for his training & guidance!

From My Preparation & Lesson learnt-
1. DO have Study Plan and stick to it. Do not leave anything for the week before exam.
2. Keep limited study material and stick to it. I followed Only PMBOK & Rita. Read each of them twice thoroughly. Went back to these books again & again & again (yes again! Keep yourself determined) whenever I stuck in any topic. Exam is based on PMBOK so never keep it aside.
3. Make your own crisp notes and keep updating them whenever you find something new (Surely, you would find new things whenever you reread PMBOK or Rita).
4. I took print outs of ITTOs file and pasted them on wall, this method helped me a lot to interrelate the processes.
5. Do test yourself to measure your understanding & readiness. As they say- “What you can't measure you can't improve!” Find gaps in knowledge, fill them and then only you move on! Review both right and wrong answered questions. Follow - PDCA cycle for your exam prep.
6. Please, Please, Please, only take the mock test from authentic sources (mentioned by Saket as well in his PMP Study Plan video. Pls do watch it, recommended). I took exam from multiple sources and they seriously misguided me.
Eventually, I limited the Mock test sources to-
a. Scordo (Exams get gradually harder towards the end of book)
b. Examcentral (Easy but very helpful in checking your understanding on the specific Process group/KA)
c. iZenBridge 100 Questions (Medium-Hard)
d. Techfaq360. (Medium-Hard)
e. Rita Practice Exams (Medium)
(I did not take any paid mock test)
I also took Oliver’s exams (75 & 175) and found many questions outdated. You can use it for practice but please don’t judge your readiness on its result. Real PMP questions were not that lengthy.
7. I also got HUGE help from Saket’s PMP videos. Replay, replay, replay… This helped me in filling my knowledge gaps; especially when I got numb while reading PMBOK (haha! Yes, I really went crazy few times during last month of my prep plan)

A week before Exam-
1. Review your notes, take mock exams, fill the gaps if any. Repeat!
2. Don’t take pressure for passing the exam, just GIVE YOUR BEST! And forget the rest.
3. Don’t forget to relax your mind during breaks – I did meditation, exercises, watched comedy, listened to my fav music, power nap.
4. Focus on your sleep timings at least two days before exam so that you can have sound sleep a night before exam. Lack of sleep can cause tired eyes during that 4 hrs of exam. Avoid caffeine intake during evening, if you take any.

On Exam Day-
• Stretch, Breathe, Relax & Smile. Keep your calm!
• Don’t forget that you have given your best till now and you will have to give your best in Exam too! After all you have been preparing for this Day only.
• Attempt all Questions. Don’t stay stuck on any question; if you are unsure about the answer. Just mark it and move on! And come back after you’re done with all questions.
• All Questions were situational. Stakeholder, Comm, Procurement, Risk, Integration were mainly focused.
• 3-4 Numerical questions

My Success mantra which I kept repeating in my mind- If you want something, go get it.

If I can do it, you can do it too! No Exam is bigger than you!

In case you need more info regarding PMP, pls do write on deedee81@gmail.com
Deepti
PMP
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Cleared PMP in 1st attempt on 28th April

Postby manishpn Tue May 03, 2016 2:05 pm

thanks deepti for sharing your journey - wish you all the best
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
Atg1000

Postby Atg1000 Tue May 03, 2016 8:27 pm

Congrats on clearing the exam.

Am planning to appear for PMP in next 3 weeks, can you tell how difficult the actual questions were in comparison to IzenBridge 100 questions (This is one mock test i have taken of the ones you have listed above) ?
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby saket Wed May 04, 2016 5:37 am

Congratulations !!! and thank you for selecting us as your training provider.
Explore our online PMP Program , it makes PMP Easy :-) http://goo.gl/ZmD3xF

Image Image Image Image
deepti.naga

Postby deepti.naga Wed May 04, 2016 8:37 am

Atg1000 wrote:Congrats on clearing the exam.

Am planning to appear for PMP in next 3 weeks, can you tell how difficult the actual questions were in comparison to IzenBridge 100 questions (This is one mock test i have taken of the ones you have listed above) ?

Thanks. For me, difficulty level of real exam was medium-hard. iZenBridge 100 Question bank also has same level. Please do cover Scordo and Rita exams as well.
Atg1000

Postby Atg1000 Wed May 04, 2016 6:01 pm

Thanks.
jyotimayank
Expert
Expert

Postby jyotimayank Fri May 06, 2016 12:54 pm

Heartiest Congratulations!!! Deepti :)
Thanks for sharing your success story.
Jyoti Gupta