CSM Forum Banner

Cleared exam on 21st April...

PMP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories
vivek1006

Cleared exam on 21st April...

Postby vivek1006 Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:38 am

I appeared for PMP on 21st April and got it cleared on my first attempt.

About my preparation -
It took almost 3 months for me to fully prepare for the exam, I referred PMBOK, Andy Crowe and izenbridge online classes by Mr. Saket.
Out of three resources I used, I guess Saket tutorials were most helpful to understand end to end concept/cycle.

I started with PMBOK initially and have tough time to grasp the concept on my own and then I registered for izenbridge and things started getting better.
It took me three reading of PMBOK and same number of viewing of Saket session to get the grip on subject.
And questions at end of session helps to clear the concept. One have to practice lot and lot of quality questions.

About the exam –
All 200 questions are situational so if someone is not clear with the PMBOK guidelines, they will have tough time to attempt all the questions in 4 hrs.
Not many questions on EVM or any calculation, Heavy focus on “What PM do next?”, “What’s the correct approach?”, “How to best handle this situation?” kind of questions.
Focus more on HR, SH, Integration, Procurement

My Suggestion to aspiring candidates –
Every individual have his/her learning capabilities so plan based on your strength and weakness, Make your plan and stick to it.
One can go with any reference book but I can surely recommend PMBOK and Saket tutorial as must have.

On exam, I broke it down to 50 *4. I took 50 question at a time, so after first 50 question, I took a break from screen (didn’t go out of chair), just did some stretching and switched off my mind from exam for 2 min. After 100 question, go out for water and fruits , after 150 question , again 2-3 min break from screen and finally again a 5 min break after completing exam and before review of marked questions.

If someone need any information related to PMP, drop me mail on vivek1006@gmail.com and I will happy to assist to best of my knowledge.
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Cleared exam on 21st April...

Postby manishpn Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:28 pm

congratulation and wish you all the best
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby saket Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:10 pm

Congratulations !!! and thank you for selecting us as our PMP Training provider.
Explore our online PMP Program , it makes PMP Easy :-) http://goo.gl/ZmD3xF

Image Image Image Image
jyotimayank
Expert
Expert

Postby jyotimayank Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:37 am

Heartiest Congratulations!! on your well deserved success Vivek :)
Jyoti Gupta
PMP Mentor & Coach

iZenbridge Consultancy Pvt Ltd
rameshsa@yahoo.com
Contributor
Contributor

Postby rameshsa@yahoo.com Thu May 12, 2016 6:46 pm

Congrats!! Vivek..

Return to “PMP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories”