Alhamdulillah, cleared PMP in my first attempt on 6th March
Very happy to inform you that I have cleared the PMP on 6th March 2016 in my first attempt.
It took around 3.5 months on and off preparation.
The below are the main resources I used.
1. Rita's Book 8th Ed (read around 3 times)
2. PM Fastrack for practice tests ( completed all practice questions)
3. Rita's Hot topics (read once or twice)
4. purchased iZenBride PMP online course. ( watched many videos from Saket & Practice some chapter tests and mock tests)
6. scordo practice tests from pmi
7.some online mock exams to check your readiness ( oliver lehman, pmstudy etc)
My Score in Exam:
Proficient in Initiating, M&C and Closing
Moderately proficient in Planning and Executing
My Exam Experience:
- exam is NOT easy, i felt uneasiness for the first 100 questions - and I am not sure whether I am putting correct answers
- formula questions are very less - around 4 questions on ev/pv/ac - which are analytical and easy
- only one question on CPM - that too not direct question - not easy
- 90% are situational questions
- some questions on the tools & techniques but they are not direct
- It took around 3.5 hrs to answer all questions, and i have reviewed around 80 questions in the last 30 mins and corrected some answers
- I realized that it is very important that one should understand the concepts very well
- too many questions on stakeholders, communications, business case, what you will do next
- I am not sure when I am pressing the final button, but Alhamdulillah relieved after seeing "Passed"
It was a nice experience studying for the exam, which is very practical compared to other certifications
Don't try to cram ITTO, it is not worth, instead understand why the purpose behind each.
Rita's book and Saket's videos (esp webinars and google hangouts) are really helpful.
It is important to analyse and give a deep thought when your are reading the content.
wish you all the best for your exam.