CSM Forum Banner

DONE WITH PMP IN 3rd ATTEMPT

PMP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories
nazish

DONE WITH PMP IN 3rd ATTEMPT

Postby nazish Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:48 am

First of all Thanks to almighty Allah, I cleared the Exam, although it was my 3rd attempt, with new application submitted, the second attempt was a risk, just coz of PMI application expiration date before January 11th, attempted in a rush on 10 November 2015 and FAILED it , but this approach is not professional , one should avoid it if you are not READY.

Huhhhhhhhhhhh
For the third attempt from PMI Islamabad chapter Mr. Zeeshan the Marketing and Communication officer really encouraged, motivated and convinced me. Thanx to Sir Akif our Project Coordinator, he really supported me and his Regular Assessments and Tasks assigned, kept me focused. Played a major role, Followed his advices and they really helped me out.

I bench-marked with the strategy used for many test takers, so here’s my study plan:
- Studied 2hours/day and /weekend 4-5 hours for 10 months. Did two attempts in between and Failed, Took long coz I am married and have two kids, with them managing study, job, household, all were challenging. But no matter what, PMP need proper Time and Dedication, I really suffered coz of lack of time and hectic routine.

Started with Rita book from first to last page, to me this was the best resource to learn each process and its concepts.

- Did read the PMBOK once fully. I did not read the glossary just skimmed through initiation and closing knowledge area one day before the test to make sure there were no concepts
left.

- Did tons of mock tests. The ones that made the most sense to me in regards to the quality and level of questions, as well as explanations, were Rita Fast Track and Project Management Academy course content and Exam, Izenbridge videos and exam, answers to question explanations were really up to the mark and made many concepts cleared specially in the EVM and quality Questions, Risk and Procurement,

PM Study 400Qs split into 2 tests (scored from 73% to 76%). Thanks Sir Akif for the advice.

I also look into Head First, Edwel and Kim Heldmen. These were definitely the best tool for me to learn my gaps.

- I did memories some ITTOs although got clear with the concept, but sometimes in situational questions the answer options are not direct, they were descriptive too , the terms used, make u think twice, so important ones to memorize are HR Plan, Acquire, Manage and develop project team , conduct and control procurement, plus Plan quality and Control Quality

The test was 95% composed by situational questions.
As I’ve read from other test takers, high concentration in communications, stakeholder engagement and human resources (I reviewed those chapters twice in the last one weeks). Less than 5 questions involving calculations I faced in my third attempt. Just one question on CPM.

Important ADVICE:
1. Please read thoroughly every knowledge area Plan, like Time Management Plan, Cost management Plan and Risk management Plan, Human resources management Plan, they have specific components, also Procurement Management Plan.

2. Do different mock test, from different test providers (sources), coz everyone have their own style of description, don’t just stick to one, this way you get great grip in understanding the questions, like earlier I just used the Rita Fast track, when I attempted the Project management academy one, my score got less, when I got good in this one after various attempts, I switched to PM study, did Scordo. Scordo 13 to 18 exams are tough and must review your wrong attempted one.

3. Izenbridge is a very good source; Sir Saket vedios and spcially clarification session two days before my Pmp exam was really good and effective. Thanx to Jyoti Gupta for her patience and coordination.
Last edited by nazish on Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
jyotimayank
Expert
Expert

Re: DONE WITH PMP IN 3rd ATTEMPT

Postby jyotimayank Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:08 am

Heartiest Congratulations Nazish!!

Do stay connected with us via this forum. Also we can guide you in earning 60 PDUs for renewal of your PMP credential.

All the best for your future!!
Jyoti Gupta
PMP Mentor & Coach

iZenbridge Consultancy Pvt Ltd
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby saket Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:13 pm

Congratulations !! and thank you for selecting our online PMP program for your preparation.
Explore our online PMP Program , it makes PMP Easy :-) http://goo.gl/ZmD3xF

Image Image Image Image
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Postby manishpn Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:06 pm

congratulations and stay connected
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
EsakkiMuthu
Contributor
Contributor

Postby EsakkiMuthu Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:11 am

Hello Nazish. Congralations

Could you please explain, what you mean by "specific components" ?

Please read thoroughly every knowledge area Plan, like Time Management Plan, Cost management Plan and Risk management Plan, Human resources management Plan, they have specific components, also Procurement Management Plan.

thinking to schedule a exam in 2 weeks. As per you understanding, which one (Christopher Scordo / Izenbridge / Rita ) mostly look like PMP exam patten?
Regards
Esakki
PMI-ACP, PMP
rameshsa@yahoo.com
Contributor
Contributor

Postby rameshsa@yahoo.com Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:46 am

This is a great success story...Hearty congrats...
May be if u can recollect any question with changing some variables.. .pls help us..
nazish

Postby nazish Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:58 am

@ dear EsakkiMuthu

by components i mean like if u open PMBOK 5th edition page 148 , u will be able to see the Schedule Management plan ..output of Plan Schedule Management, here the components are
1- Project Schedule Model Development
2- Level of accuracy
3- Unit of Measure
4-Organizational Procedures Links
5-Project Schedule model Maintenance
6- Control Thresholds
7-Rules of Performance Measurement
8-Reporting format
9-Process Description

now u can get question like a new project manager seeking the knowledge related to how to maintain the Project schedule model which is in point 5- " Project schedule Model Maintenance" in the already running project, which document he will look for? or unit of measure or 8- "reporting format" related to schedule management, so answer is simply Schedule management Plan.

same if u check HR management Plan

it have three components Staffing management plan, roles and responsibilities, project organization chart.

Staffing management Plan, --------which further includes the training procedure or policy,,reward system and etc etc...( plz check in deatil) ...so its part of Hr management plan but documented in Staffing management plan, a manager have to refer Staffing one, if staffing not in option than choose HR management plan,

Roles and responsibilities which includes role , authority , responsibility, competency.

Project Organization chart plz check page 265 pmbok.

same for risk check page 316, 317, 318 all three of them are components of Risk...

i hope u must have got cleared,,,,and Good Luck for ur exam

regards
Nazish
nazish

Postby nazish Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:46 am

thankk u so much Sir Saket, Jyoti and rameshsa

@ rameshsa i did not got ur point, what u meant

regards
EsakkiMuthu
Contributor
Contributor

Postby EsakkiMuthu Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:17 am

Thank you so much Nazish
Regards
Esakki
PMI-ACP, PMP
jyotimayank
Expert
Expert

Postby jyotimayank Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:47 am

Thank you Nazish for sharing your Success story and Lessons Learned.
Jyoti Gupta
PMP Mentor & Coach

iZenbridge Consultancy Pvt Ltd
rameshsa@yahoo.com
Contributor
Contributor

Postby rameshsa@yahoo.com Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:09 pm

nazish wrote:thankk u so much Sir Saket, Jyoti and rameshsa

@ rameshsa i did not got ur point, what u meant

regards

Hello Nazish,

Since you cannot share the same question as you got in exam - ( PMP ethics)... I asked you can change some or tweak some nos and other key items and share if you can recollect and remember.
Few of us have scheduled exam in next 2-3 week it will help us.
Mahfuz

Postby Mahfuz Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:25 pm

Hearty Congratulations. You have worked very hard and it's time to CELEBRATE.
Kind regards,
Mahfuz Rahman ,PMP

Return to “PMP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories”