CSM Forum Banner

Cleared PMP on December 7, 2015 - Better late than never!

PMP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories
samuelrajeshprem

Cleared PMP on December 7, 2015 - Better late than never!

Postby samuelrajeshprem Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:48 pm

Dear Friends,

I am glad to announce that I successfully cleared the PMP certification test in my first attempt on December 7, 2015. I am really sorry that I am sharing my lessons learned nearly 2 months after passing (got sort of busy with holidays and X-mas). Well, I thought it is better late than never :) !

To start off, I initially enrolled for PDUs with another PMP training company but later moved to iZenBridge. Actually, watching Saket sir’s videos online helped me make that decision and I am so glad that I moved. His videos are amazing! PERIOD

I would very strongly recommend iZenBridge for prospective PMP candidates. Here I would also like to thank Seema and Jyoti for their strong support.

Now, coming to my certification journey:

• Durations: one and half months to two months of dedicated effort.
• Read PMBOK guide twice. Rita twice. Watched Saket sir’s videos along with Rita and PMBOK the 2nd time only.
• Took a couple of mock exams:
a. PMP Simulator by Cornelius Fichtner (Prepcast): This one is really close to the PMP exam.
b. iZenBridge exams (PMP mock exams, highly recommended and close to the real exam; and the PMP math exams – this one is slightly tougher than the real math in the exam)
c. PM Study
d. Scordo (did all the tests)

On the exam day, as I was scheduled for the 12:30 PM slot, I left early and came to Prometric at 11:00 AM. Since a slot was open I took the test at around 11:30 AM.
It is very important to keep a cool head while taking the test and maintain your confidence!!!

I found the real exam quite different from the mocks (don’t know why :shock: ). I think no matter how many mocks you take the real exam is bound to surprise you; however, the degree may vary from person to person.

Once I completed all the questions (I did mark some questions for review but never got back to them – probably since I took enough time for each question), I clicked the Submit button. The system takes some time to calculate you result leaving you in some nervous moments :roll: . Then, I saw the Congratulations message. One happy moment! PMP certification completed.

Hope my story helps others. I wish all of you about to take the PMP test all the very best!!

Just work hard and believe in yourself and I sure you will PASS!!!

Regards,
Samuel Rajesh Prem
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert

Re: Cleared PMP on December 7, 2015 - Better late than never

Postby seema.sonkiya Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:26 pm

Congratulations!! It is really encouraging that you liked the PMP videos :-)
samuelrajeshprem

Postby samuelrajeshprem Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:26 am

Thank you, Seemaji.
jyotimayank
Expert
Expert

Postby jyotimayank Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:08 am

Heartiest congratulations!! Samuel, do stay connected with us via this forum :)
Jyoti Gupta
PMP Mentor & Coach

iZenbridge Consultancy Pvt Ltd
samuelrajeshprem

Postby samuelrajeshprem Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:25 pm

Thanks a lot, Jyotiji :).

Return to “PMP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories”