CSM Forum Banner

PMP - 2nd exam failed 8/1/2016

PMP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories
one+smile

PMP - 2nd exam failed 8/1/2016

Postby one+smile Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:17 pm

Hello,

I am Lukas. Today I again failed on PMP exam in Slovakia. I was hard study but finally not enough according the exam result.

I would like to kindly ask your help.

I have last chance with new PMI rules after 11/1/2016 and I would like to pass and be certified.

I read Rita and PMBOK 1x and performed mock test Oliver, Rita and PMI.

INITIATION - below p.
PLANNING - below p.
EXECUTION - medium p.
M&C - medium p.
CLOSING - below p.

Thank you so much for any help/support

Lukas
Mahfuz

Re: PMP - 2nd exam failed 8/1/2016

Postby Mahfuz Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:45 am

Hello Lukaz,
Sorry to hear your story! You are at the right place and we will be glad if we can assist you

Will you share how have you prepared yourself for both attempts?

What study martial and mocks exams you have taken? How 2nd attempt experience was different from 1st attempt?

Good luck with your preparation

Regards
Mahfuz
Kind regards,
Mahfuz Rahman ,PMP
avtarjs

Postby avtarjs Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:37 am

Hi Lukaz,

Not a gr8 news, but see the brighter side now you know what's the pattern of Exam and use it as your strength.

Moving on I'll give you only 1 suggestion, Try a Mock everyday and focus on your Gaps in post mock session (very imp.) and if you've any queries use this forum to get clarifications on that.

Best of luck for your preparations.

R/Avtar
one+smile

Postby one+smile Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:11 am

Hello Mahfuz and Avtar,

I passed through the IIl 1 week intensive training to get picture what is the PMBOK. It was organized my employer.
1 attempt

I started prepare for 1st exam test 15/12/2015. It was hard study 6-7weeks before exam in parallel with my job duties.
From Mon to Fri -> min 3,5hr/day
During weekend -> around 11hr/day
I read Rita book 2x and perform all chapter test 2x (my score 75 - 80%) and evaluate gaps, cca. 1500 question on iil.com (we got access to database). My score was 85 - 95%.
Then I go to exam and failed.

2 attempt

Exam scheduled 8/1/2016.
I visited forum where I found LL and I used. It means
Read 1x PMBOK, try to understand ITTO (Generally I catch the point)
Watched all Saket youtube video - it is very useful!
Perform following test.
Scordo mock test 1 - 13 => 72-80%
Scordo mock test 14 - 18 => 65-72% (after review each test my main biggest gaps were stakeholders, integration, ethics and scope KA)
Oliver L. 75q => 72%;
Oliver L. 175q => 61% (1 day before exam) -> my gaps integration, quality and risk KA
Izenbridge 100q mock test -> 74%
Izenbridge 15q math test -> 85%

During D day I was very nervous and when I sit to computer I was not sure that I will pass. First 5q took me 11min. I was not able to focus to read q. properly. Then others are running well. There were a lot of situational question where I selected 2 ok answers but I was not sure which is 100% right. (Cca. 20q). Two maths where I know what to do but not able to get result according the offered answers (make or buy and SPI&CPI maths). I can describe later what was definition of this maths q.
4 - 5 q on comm channel. Again 2x situational q. where I was not sure if I am counting right q'ty of persons.

Nota Benne: My colleague yesterday passed on 1st attempt. He read 2x Rita only. In this reason I am very disappointed from myself and my result.
ujjal_show

Postby ujjal_show Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:49 pm

very sorry to hear that.
I can assure you by next 2 month you will able to crack the exam.
as usual I have a different approach for you.
for next 7 days you will try to answer all new quarries of this forum -let us understand where your stand towards certification.
trust me you will be certified.
one+smile

Postby one+smile Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:24 pm

Ujjal to be sure. It means that I should reply to forum queries if somebody raise something here, correct?
I trust you.
ujjal_show

Postby ujjal_show Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:32 am

one+smile wrote:Ujjal to be sure. It means that I should reply to forum queries if somebody raise something here, correct?
I trust you.

yes and also cross verify your understanding by reviewing old thread mainly where you still confused between two closely related items.
for example.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3709
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3216
Mahfuz

Postby Mahfuz Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:46 pm

Hello Lukas,
My apology for late response. I was travelling and all over with my work.

Firstly, Please understand neither I or Ujjal are PMP mentor/Coach. We have been an active member of this forum since August,2015. This forum helped me immensely in preparing for PMP exam and building my base. I had great confidence even before walking into the exam hall that I will make it. You worked hard and put many hours in preparing for your 2nd attempt.

Please understand, PMP exam is situational and reading Rita or PMBOK 2x/3x/4x times really make no difference unless your concept is clear. Doing many mocks does not help unless you spend time to take notes and review your mistakes. I know someone who passed recently from the local chapter with 5P ( first attempt) wrote only one full mock exam.

Here is what I recommend you:
- be active in this forum( try answering questions even if you are not sure... you will learn from that only)
- PLAN your study[ I strongly recommend reading lesson learned from Vivek, Thiru and Ujjal], act on your study( i.e. ask questions/forum interaction, test yourself with questions from different source) and start making your own notes[ I have 1 box full of PMP material that I have archieved]
- Seek assistance from Izenbridge. You pay a nominal fee but It's worth of every PENNY. Attend Saket's clarification sessions.

Lastly, have confidence and manage your time effectively and efficiently while studying and during the exam. Build your own support network at forum.izenbridge.com .

I wish you all the best,
Mahfuz
Kind regards,
Mahfuz Rahman ,PMP
one+smile

Postby one+smile Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:07 pm

Big thanks so far! I will review old threads and try to be active here and improve my gaps
sriniraman
Beginner
Beginner

Postby sriniraman Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:10 am

Hi Lukas,

First of all I appreciate you for posting seeking help. You have already took the first step towards success. PMP exam expects the questions to be answered as per the guidelines provided by PMBOK. In general experience managers tend to think and answer the way they do the project.

I suggest you start preparing immediately so that you do not forget what you already learnt. There was a recent post if you notice a member cleared in the second attempt in the same month. Your post can be next..

Choose what ever is comfortable understanding and stick to those, This will help you learn upon the subject.
Be active and post questions that you went wrong.
Answer others queries in your way of understanding - this will clarify your thought process.
Ask for justification of the answer if you are not clear.

Finally - the Izen forum team members are always ready to help volunteer to answer queries - make good use of it.

thanks
Srini

Return to “PMP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories”