CSM Forum Banner

Cleared PMP !

PMP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories
gsumankumar

Cleared PMP !

Postby gsumankumar Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:44 pm

Dears,

Thanks everyone, i am happy to share that i have cleared PMP with 4 Ps and 1 MP in first attempt on 21st Dec 9:00 hours slot in Belgium :D

I want to thank Izenbridge team for the great support to me and this platform.

Saket: Thanks very much for revieWing the application, study plan, guiding me in this journey. When i watched the videos for first time, i did not fully notice the power messaging done in the videos. After watching second time, i understood the depth, the way you articulated the content in 10-15 mins for each KA, each and every sentence was critical to get the strong concepts. You have excellent knowledge in the subject which made the videos, a great source of learning. The templates for each artifact also helped me a lot.

Seema: Thanks seema for guiding me to take Cynosure capsules ( 3 sessions covering Quality, Procurement, Scope, Time, Cost and EVM/Maths) and introducing me to Manish.
I only prepared for 7 to 8 weeks for the exam which is also not full time as i need to cover office work etc. These capsules really helped me.

Manish: Thanks for excellent sessions in Cynosure, For quick learning it was very helpful for me. Your 'think and tell' in the sessions are the ice breakers. You made us to solve very difficult maths which made me to look SPI/CPI/EAC calculations very easy at the end. This is my scoring area in real exam, i dumped all formulas as you suggested and tips are useful.

Thanks everyone in izenbridge team for your support.

Thanks Ujjal, Thiru and others in forum for your suggestions, your posts are useful even though i am not active in forums, but i followed lot of topics in this forum which are very useful in my preparation.

Regarding my preparation, I went through Saket video sessions 2-3 times and read Rita book 2 times (1 time in quickly and other time in detail) and read and refered PMBOK as needed for Glossary / ITTO. I prepared my own notes from Izenbridge videos, read again. Only spend good efforts in weekends.

I have given IZENbridge quiz and tests for each KA, Group wise and Maths and taken IzenBridge mock full exams ( Dynamic and test 1 of 200 questions) and got 85%.
Rita chapter end tests reviewing my answers in detail.
Oliver tests both 175 questions and 75 questions. I got 80 % (141 out of 175) and 82% (62 out of 75).
Head First exam 50 questions : 78% (39 out of 50)
Simlilearn ( 80%)
PMSimulator (80 %)
Scordo tests 14 to 18 ( 85 %).

Regarding real Exam:
I felt much easier in real exam for in time management wise compared to mock tests.
- I can say Scordo and Izenbridge questions are very near to real exam.
- 10-15 questions from Time management only Fasttracking, Crashing, Leveling etc. If this is not clear, it should have been different result.
- 10 Situational questions in each Risks / HR mgt( develop teams - Forming, Stroming, Norming ....)
- 5 ITTO questions ( Asked in different way by giving T&T asked to tell which process area like Statisicial sampling)
- Maths was easy:
- Given CPI / SPI asked question to say Over/Under budget or Behind/ Ahead scedule.
- CPM - Given big network diagram asked to calculate Float in critical path, we can say as zero without calculation.
- EAC, EMV calculations
- Given communication channels + stakeholders combination asked to find out total stakeholders. (Need to read question carefully, else we can easily make mistake).

I am happy to add another jewel in my crown of management certifications ( CSM, Certified Scrum Master from Scrum Alliance , SA (SAFe Agilist) from Scaled Agile, ITIL) and PMP now.

I am thinking for MSP ( Managing successful programmes) and planning to take it in future. I will take Saket advice and suggestion here.

Thanks and Regards,
/Suman
ujjal_show

Re: Cleared PMP !

Postby ujjal_show Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:15 pm

congratulation and thanks for the kind of word..
arjun
Contributor
Contributor

Postby arjun Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:27 am

Congratulations...
sriniraman
Beginner
Beginner

Postby sriniraman Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:32 am

Congratulations!
Mahfuz

Postby Mahfuz Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:26 am

Congratulations Suman!
Kind regards,
Mahfuz Rahman ,PMP
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert

Postby seema.sonkiya Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:45 am

Congratulations Suman, your efforts paid off :-)

BTW: If you are interested in agile certifications, we are launching "Scrum: Framework for delivering value" program by tomorrow. Write me an email if you would like to know more information.
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby saket Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:49 am

Congratulations !!! and thanks for using our PMP programs, yes we do SAFe in Hyderabad every 6 weeks, in fact one session going on today and for PMI-ACP we do have online as well as classroom program.

I am sure you may like to relax a while before take next certification but agile certifications are very easy...like SAFe its just a matter of attending 2 days of class nothing more that that... not at all like PMP. :D

Thank you for sharing your lesson learned here.
Explore our online PMP Program , it makes PMP Easy :-) http://goo.gl/ZmD3xF

Image Image Image Image
pank_pmp

Postby pank_pmp Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:10 am

.like SAFe its just a matter of attending 2 days of class nothing more that that... not at all like PMP. :D

That's interesting Saket, since I am planning to cover this ASAP. Will be good to have 4 certifications in a year stretch, which includes Six Sigma-GB........ :D

Best,
Pankaj
jyotimayank
Expert
Expert

Postby jyotimayank Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:17 am

Hi Suman,
Heartiest congratulations on your success, and wish you a very Happy New Year :)
Jyoti Gupta
PMP Mentor & Coach

iZenbridge Consultancy Pvt Ltd
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Postby manishpn Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:43 pm

Hi Suman,

Congratulations and wish you all the success
stay connected
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
sysatish

Postby sysatish Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:10 am

Congrats Suman.

We are undergone cynosure session together with Manish. I am also cleared my PMP exam on today.
gsumankumar

Postby gsumankumar Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:56 pm

Yes Satish, I remember we had google video chat on first day.

Congratulations for your success. Enjoy the proud PMP !! Wish you a happy new year 2016.

Regards,
/Suman

Return to “PMP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories”