CSM Forum Banner

Pmp test result

PMP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories
Farooque Akbar

Pmp test result

Postby Farooque Akbar Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:58 am

I prepared almost 3 months and start getting mock up test marks approx. 75 to 80 % during few last days before sit in pmp exam and unfortunately got below proficient in the final exam.
I felt that the questions was lengthy in language and tougher approximately 150 questions were very lengthy language.
I disappointed/ sad after seeing the result .
Please suggest the correct action to crack the pmp in my next attempt.

Thanks
Farooque Akbar
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pmp test result

Postby saket Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:20 pm

Hi Farooque,

Very Sorry to hear that and it really take good courage to talk about failure than success. I am sure you will be able to do it this time.

Lets look at reasons and try to find our what went wrong.

1. In general i recommend test takers should not try to memorize terms and questions and use question bank as a way to evaluate the understanding of project management concepts. and In most of the case we find this understanding grows significantly when candidate interact about issues and queries at forum. So action is discuss your queries here.

2. If you have an idea of your weak areas better to fix them first and then take the total study approach. This point is changes from candidate to candidate, we had few candidates who reappeared in 2 weeks of exam since they were very clear about the weakness like time management in exam etc , but if things are not that clear you may need to take the fresh look.

3. Start participating in live clarification sessions, we are doing it every alternate saturday, Even if you do not have question still come, listening to other queries also help in knowing weak areas and fixing them.

4. Lengthy questions, yes reading speed does play some role and it can be improved by developing more awareness of project management terms, so the more well you know the content faster you read them.

Join our clarification session on 26th.

Regards,
Saket
Explore our online PMP Program , it makes PMP Easy :-) http://goo.gl/ZmD3xF

Image Image Image Image
Farooque Akbar

Postby Farooque Akbar Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:43 pm

Thanks for giving clear vision,
My weak point was ITTOs & more practice for toughest questions,
I already prepared for easy and moderate type questions but there was no any planned ideas in my mind what if the question will come harder or toughest and how i will handle it .that is no any standby plan.
I have seen some of the real toughest questions while preparing for pmp but i guess it was not following PMI pattern or there is no chances to as such questions .
And that was my biggest mistake.

Regards
Farooque Akbar

Postby Farooque Akbar Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:16 am

What is the minimum time duration require for the pmp second attempt as per PMI code.

And level of pmp exam questions are same for all countries or it can differ country to country.

Thanks
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby saket Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:00 pm

PMI has not rule in this regard, we have many clients who went ahead and give the exam in week, it is more about knowing the weak area and fixing them.

Image Image Image Image
Mahfuz

Postby Mahfuz Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:55 pm

Hello Farooque,
Sorry to hear about your failure! Please do not memorize ITTOs rather understand them. I study according to my plan and I plan to have the same during my exam I believe having a plan during the exam is necessary(.i.e I plan to finish 60Q every hour) Certainly, there will be a time when you may be doing 50Q but you still need to make it up during next hr. Keep in mind PMP exam is situational, and YES as a PM you face these kind of situation every day!

I am following what Saket prescribed above including his chapter by chapter videos( if you are bored like me reading PMBOK).I have weakness and I am working to fill those gaps doing many mock exams do not help rather understand each options ( why they are included then relate to your notes/PMBOK)

I wish you all the best
Regards
Mahfuz
Kind regards,
Mahfuz Rahman ,PMP
Farooque Akbar

Postby Farooque Akbar Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:21 am

Finally I passed Pmp exam on 3 July 2016 after consistent practices and filled the previous knowledge gaps.
Thanks to all group members.

Regards
Farooque Akbar,PMP
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Postby manishpn Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:56 pm

Congratulations!! and request you to post a new thread in this section with lessons learnt
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby saket Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:30 am

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your success with us.

Image Image Image Image

Return to “PMP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories”