PMP certified on 25th March 2015

PMP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories
somkams

PMP certified on 25th March 2015

Postby somkams Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:28 pm

Hello ,

Glad to share that I am a certified Project Management Professional.

Learning materials used - Rita, Scordo, Saket's online videos and question bank

How I handled exam -
I am a late bird for so past many years, so waking up very early and taking exam at 8 AM was bit tough.
- First read a question and chose answer from its options - Immediately before going to next question , I did review question+answer again to make sure I did not overlooked any point.
- There were so many questions EVM, quality, Procurement, risks - some of them were lengthy words to distract, made up terms in options, and many needed logical reasoning
- I had marked questions for which I needed to review after selecting answers - around 8 questions
- I had only 10 minutes left in 4 hour exam duration to review - this was mainly because I reviewed each questions immediately. This was done thinking that when i read second time immediately, it takes less time to review - this was my mindset.
- I got 4Ps and 1 moderately P

Something I want to share was - Initially when I got my system, I started immediately with tutorial, after last page I clicked finish/exit immediately. This prompted to start the PMP exam with 4 hour timer. I did not had time to download the formulas, important points on scratch paper - which was my plan. I thought there will be a start button for PMP exam, which was not the case. If you are going to take exam, make sure you do not jump to finish tutorial if you have time left for tutorial.

Thanks to Saket for his guidance, support and to show the path to success.

Regards, Somanath
AM1969
Contributor
Contributor

Re: PMP certified on 25th March 2015

Postby AM1969 Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:08 pm

Congratulations! splendid 4ps
Very important point you shared with us regarding the tutorial exit and pmp start... Thanks and all the best.
Should we start of with our formulas first then computer tutorial? what do you suggest?
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Postby manishpn Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:53 pm

Congratulations
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
pank_pmp

Postby pank_pmp Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:48 am

Should we start of with our formulas first then computer tutorial? what do you suggest?

Yes one should do that as it helps during exam. I personally do not only downloaded formulas but also the complete process chart. That was really helpful to refer during exam. Duration of tutorial is 15 minutes, which gives you ample time to download. I would also suggest to practice the same during the preparation at home and complete that in 10 minutes!
AM1969
Contributor
Contributor

Postby AM1969 Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:59 am

Please clarify one more point....do we have to write process chart,formulas on scratch paper first and then start the tutorial? Or listen to the tutorial and before exit we should start writing?
pank_pmp

Postby pank_pmp Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:42 am

Tutorial starts immediately and that's the time you should be using the scratch paper. Tutorials are more and less describe about Do's and Don'ts and if you are already familiar with Quampus or other simulation test you should be okay as they are actually designed in the similar manner. So in my opinion that can be skipped. I personally watched couple of slides and then got into downloading without wasting time.
jyotimayank
Expert
Expert

Postby jyotimayank Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:18 am

Congratulations!! stay connected and here is the blog on PDUs
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/how-to-e ... fications/
Jyoti Gupta
PMP Mentor & Coach

iZenbridge Consultancy Pvt Ltd
coolpmp69
Contributor
Contributor

Postby coolpmp69 Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:17 pm

@AM1969: It is not mandatory to write on the scratch paper but it is for your own convenience during the exam. In case you decide to go for it then write things/formals/process charts that you think are confusing or hard to remember. Tutorial of 15 mins is more than enough to prepare your mind dump unless you want to dump everything from PMBOK :)
Although I prepared the mind dump but I hardly used it during my exam. So don't bother about all these tiny things and just focus on your preparation :)
AM1969
Contributor
Contributor

Postby AM1969 Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:36 pm

Thanks pank_pmp and cool69 for ur advice and point of view.
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby saket Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:17 pm

Hi Somanath, it was nice talking to you and you did it quite fast, and i know you were just observing the forum... Best of luck... and stay connected.
Explore our online PMP Program , it makes PMP Easy :-) http://goo.gl/ZmD3xF

Image Image Image Image

Return to “PMP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories”