CSM Forum Banner

Cleared PMP exam - 6 Nov 2014

PMP® Exam Lessons – Success Stories
spepe

Cleared PMP exam - 6 Nov 2014

Postby spepe Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:22 pm

Dear friends,

Glad to share with you that today i have cleared PMP exam.
The results were :

Initiation - Proficient
Planning - Proficient
Executing - Moderately Proficient
M&C - Proficient
Closing - Moderately Proficient

Not a very good story teller, but i will try to share with you my journey towards certification.

I started the preparation for the exam about 1.5 months ago and i began with Izenbridge video program. In average i have covered 1 KA per night for 1 week and a half.
After this i started to read Rita Mulcahy, but the structure of the book was so different from PMBOK so that i gave up after first 70 pages ... i switched to PMBOK where the material was much more suited for my plan.
In the end i only used Rita for the questions on the end of each chapter and for HR KA. After finished the PMBOK, i started to watch izen video again and this time, i got a good grip on the process involved.

One day before exam, i skimmed again the PMBOK and that was all. As for the practice tests, i only used izenbridge tests along with Chris Scordo. In total i think that i done around 600q with an average score of 80%. The reason for the small amount of questions that i took was related to the differences between Rita and Mike questions. After some questions in Rita, i knew what answer the author is expecting, the same for Mike. The only problem was that they were expecting different answers , so this is why i didn't want to be influence by one of the authors while answering PMP.

As for the exam ... i finished 200q in 3h15 min and i did not marked any questions for review. I only had 3 questions that i did not market( very confused about them) that i marked them in about 5 minutes. I did not took any brake during the exam ( did not need it ) and during the survey, i raised to my one questions that in my opinion couldn't be answered ( duration for one activity was not present ) . I made a brain dump in the 15 min before the exam, but i did not used that sheet.
The exam was straight forward ...EVM questions very easy ...so do not stress for the exam ...just now the formulas and you will be fine. I would advice to stay more on T&T for each process, because i had a lot of questions about this during the exam and for more than 50% of questions, i was not sure what do choose ... in the end i chosen the one that was logical for me, but usually there were more than one logical.

In conclusion, do not spend to much time on preparing for the exam, when you start scoring above 80% in practice tests, just schedule the exam.

I want to thanks all of you for the great info shared here. Even if i wasn't an active user on the forum, i read almost all the topic raised here.
Special thanks to Saket for the great program and also for the involvement in each clarification session. As this is my second certification that i got with his help ( PMI ACP and now PMP ), i would strongly recommend him in the future.

Best regards,

Ionut
bs_pani

Re: Cleared PMP exam - 6 Nov 2014

Postby bs_pani Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:36 pm

Many more congratulation and indeed its great news. Also it will give moral boost to person like me who is planning to appear for the exam in near future :D
vinodlsi

Postby vinodlsi Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:44 am

Congrats and good plan.
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby saket Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:15 am

Congratulation !!! and i am specially happy for the fact that this was our second successful Project.... stay in touch, keep attending webinars .. :-)
Explore our online PMP Program , it makes PMP Easy :-) http://goo.gl/ZmD3xF

Image Image Image Image
signor_rk
Contributor
Contributor

Postby signor_rk Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:07 pm

Congrats to you !!!
Regards ,

Ranjit
coolnenapirali
Beginner