PMP Exam Day
4 days before Exam :
1. Saturday - Went through Scordo questions again - whole book in One day (I solved it earlier during preparation)
2. Sunday I went through PMBOK again - read whole book in one day (I read it once earlier during preparation)
3. 3rd day Monday - At work - I took very light went through ITTO - some concepts like Types of Contract. Few Questions here and there
4. 4th day Tuesday at Work - I only went through Rita Chart specially planning process in order. In evening I started to feel nervousness because I thought am forgetting stuff and I should have studied little bit more that day. Tried to sleep at 9pm - ended up sleeping at midnight.
Exam Day (Wednesday) :
Alarm sounded at 530am - finally got up at 6am; Took shower - got ready in office clothes since I was heading straight to office after exam. Left home by 6.45am; drank milk while driving - reached centre at 7am. Parked car in parking lot and went over ITTO again. Showed up in Centre at 730am. Signed in - locked things in locker - used restroom. Waited for staff to call my name.
Went inside - another staff started security screening (metal detector; unbotton full sleeves till elbow, pull up pants till knee; pull pants pocket outside etc.) I tried to joke around saying "Thanks god we don't have this screening at Airports". Signed -in and staff handed me sheets/calculator and pencils. Went to station - while 15 min tutorial was running I started dumping all 47 processes/ formulae (brain dump).
I never gave full 4 hours exam before but I had timed myself while solving Scordo tests (each test is 50 questions which solved in 40-45 minutes). I started exam with goal of solving atleast 50 questions each hour (which means I will not have time for review in end - so i decided to answer in that way).
- First 50 Qs - I solved in one hour (marked 3-4 Qs for review). I knew I will have to be more quick in next 150 Q
- Next 50 Qs were easy and done quickly - I had around 10-15 min left to 2nd hour.
- Next 40 questions also got done quickly but my bladder was Under high pressure. I was losing focus - I decided to use restroom; got up and walked towards door. But I saw staff was busy with another person through glass window. I decided to go back to station and solve more Qs. At 149th Qs I could not hold anymore - lost focus completely. I got up again and saw staff person was free. signed out quicky - used restroom in zippy - ran back to sign-in (lost 2 min only). again security checking
- As I started to solve last 50 questions ; I could feel my brain is starting to lose its juice. I was just answering and moving to next Q. I peaked up to see what Q number I am at - it was 186 and doing good on time. My brain was screaming "Get me out of here". 198th - 199th - 200th Relief.....still 11 min remaining.
- I marked around 7-8 Qs along way for review - but I had drained my brain completely - didn't have energy to go through marked Qs for review. Yes or No - Yes or No. I decided to just glance it. I don't remember if i changed any choices which i selected initially.
- 5 min left and I decided to submit. I was not happy (mostly because choices were hard/ not easy/ unsure about marked choices) - I was thinking when should i take next attempt. Should I take after 2 months - Urgh will have to go through whole PMBOK/ Rita and many more Qs again. Survey came - I declined - I just Want to GO OUT. Now test is calculating my performance - one min. and I saw " Congratulations Passed". I was like okay great - no need to re-attempt. I just want to go out.
- Clicked NEXT - Proficients in all 5 groups. Wait Am I Hallucinating - Let me check again - Yes its real - 5Ps. Now I was Happy but still want to get out.
- Staff printed final result copy and I was out - heading to office. Enterned office and Manager was leaving to lunch and asked me how did I perform. I said PASSED.