Cleared PMP Exam with 5 Proficient
Preparation phase : Total 5 weeks (with 1 week gap inbetwen)
- iZenbridge videos twice (Saket videos are so simple to understand - I used his videos as spring Platform to develop foundation about PM)
- Head First PMP once/ Rita Book once / PMBOK twice (once during prep and another 2 days before exam)
- iZenbridge Assessment Knowledge area wise once
- Christopher Scordo solved completely with 90% average (went through again 3 days before exam). I timed myself to check my speed.
- Invested around 140-160 hours from start till end
- Don't focus much on ITTO; but understand concept/ processes (got around 6-8 Qs only on ITTO)
- My fav thing iZenbridge Forum; I checked this forum everyday atleast 10 times - trying to answer Qs posted by other. Trying to participate; not just be observer
- Ask Questions - solve Questions; receive explanations - give explanations. Teach someone and learn something new.
I did not waver much from Saket recommendations except for trying Full 4 hours practice/simulation exams. After giving exam - I would really suggest take atleast once-twice Full 4 hours exam. Because it really test your focus/capacity to withstand such long exam.
Exam questions were more close to Rita than Scordo because in Scordo questions right choice is easy to pick among 4 choices. Real exam choices were tricky and tough than Scordo. I never seen even a single Q from exam during preparation (I solved around 1600 Qs in 5 weeks duration).
While preparing for exam - I mostly solved questions knowledge wise; I was always worried about performance if all things mix together. Started solving Scordo on Sept 15th which gave me huge confident when I saw scoring on average of 90% in 18 tests of Scordo. I went ahead and booked PMP exam last Thursday Sept 18 and found earliest available date for Sept 24th - I was running short on time since I am moving to new city on Sept 26th . I was frustrated and tired to keep reading and felt confident after solving Scordo book that I can crack exam in first attempt - i decided to take chance and it went all good.
I am person who believe you should prepare enough and later figure out things. I don't believe in keep stuffing/ preparing - if you feel confident just take Exam.
DONT WASTE YOUR TIME on solving questions from other free sites. I always read Saket mentioning in all posts - dont waste time trying to solve Qs which are free/ non-reliable. They tend to confuse you more and demotivate; make you feel you're NOT READY - delays your certification. Only reason I finished with PMP exam because I did not lose myself in free/ confusing Qs from other websites.