Acceptance Criteria in Analysis Domain

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMI-PBA® clients to discuss issues / tips related to PMI-PBA® exam.
huytnn
Beginner
Beginner

Acceptance Criteria in Analysis Domain

Postby huytnn Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:09 pm

Dear all,

As you know, acceptance criteria for solution is created in Business Case and elaborated in Planning Domain. I wonder that if acceptance criteria will be more detail & further elaborated in Analysis when requirements are clearer, accepted. If that is true, so could I understand that Acceptance Criteria in Analysis domain as UAT test case, or some else?

Please give me clarification. Thanks a lot!
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert

Re: Acceptance Criteria in Analysis Domain

Postby seema.sonkiya Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:06 am

Acceptance criteria are a condition of satisfaction that needs to be met to accept the feature or story as complete. yes these condition of satisfaction plays a major role in UAT.

Acceptance tests are scenarios which are derived from acceptance criteria. In other words, each acceptance criteria can have one or more acceptance tests and forms the acceptance cases and take part in UAT.

It means the customer is responsible for specifying the acceptance criteria and acceptance test. Often, the customer will have some help from the assigned tester. For acceptance criteria, the customer can take help from Business Analysts and other team members. But the final call is made by the customer.

We can add them, whenever these criteria and test are available, these are emerging in nature. We elaborate acceptance criteria and acceptance test before execution, but sometimes during execution, we feel to add, update these criteria and tests.
huytnn
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Acceptance Criteria in Analysis Domain

Postby huytnn Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:34 am

Thanks Seema for your clear and detail explanation.

Return to “PMI-PBA® Queries and Tips”