One day bangalore & kolkata

Requirement Verification Tools

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMI-PBA® clients to discuss issues / tips related to PMI-PBA® exam.
Sam
Participant
Participant

Requirement Verification Tools

Postby Sam Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:20 am

Hello Seema,

I know that Structured walkthrough and RTM tools are used when doing requirement Validation

I just want to confirm if Structured Walkthrough and Requirement Traceability Matrix tool are also used when requirement Verification?

Thanks
Last edited by Sam on Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert

Re: Requirement Verification Tools

Postby seema.sonkiya Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:03 am

These tools are best for validation. Please don't mug-up concepts; it can create an issue in the exam. You need to understand concepts practically.

Instead of asking Yes/No, you need to think first why these are suited for validation, and how are not suited for verification. Verification is the process of reviewing the requirements for errors and quality. Peer review and inspection can be used for the same.

Can you share why these two tools are suited for verification?
Sam
Participant
Participant

Re: Requirement Verification Tools

Postby Sam Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:00 pm

Thanks Seema 8-)

Peer review and Inspection are used when performing verification

In my opinion Peer review improves the quality of requirements or work products through having individuals in the group review the product and provide feedback on other's work to make sure there are no mistakes.
It can be applied to requirements documents, software code, prototypes, wireframes, technical documents,

Peer review can improve quality in the beginning stages and save organizations time and money.
Because the cost of a defect discovered late in the development cycle is much more costly than something found in the analysis phase,

Inspection is used to detect errors, violations of development standards, and other problems
Inspection is done using a checklist of regulations, standards, guidelines, plans, and procedures

Return to “PMI-PBA® Queries and Tips”