CSM Forum Banner

Need tips on utilizing allotted exam duration efficiently

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMI-PBA® clients to discuss issues / tips related to PMI-PBA® exam.
akanksha.ashar5
Participant
Participant

Need tips on utilizing allotted exam duration efficiently

Postby akanksha.ashar5 Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:06 am

Needs tips on utilizing allotted exam duration efficiently...

As i think 4 hours will be too tight to complete the exam considering (4hrsX60mins) = 240 mins and 200 questions to resolve and most of them will be scenario based question and it will be time consuming to read, understand and think and select appropriate answer. Also, any break taken will further reduce your overall time for exam.

Also, while giving these exams i have noted that approx 30 mins (wait time = non productive) is spent in just switching between questions. Assuming switching across questions will be faster at prometric centre compared to the ones on the quampus portal.

Also, these constraints of switching (approx30 mins considering few multiple visits to questions ) and 1or2 bio-breaks (5-10mins) = (-40 mins approx.) will results in 200 mins for 200 questions and for revisiting i might need 2-3 mins on certain questions.

Assuming things will be balanced and hoping nothing is left unattempted atleast. :(

Kindly share your views on the same. Thanks.
akanksha.ashar5
Participant
Participant

Re: Need tips on utilizing allotted exam duration efficiently

Postby akanksha.ashar5 Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:15 am

Also, note that i take comparatively less time to attempt questions as i have read some of these questions and the gist of the question is known most of the time. Not emphasizing on memorizing as i try to give a logical justification or hint while selecting a suitable answer so that it registers in my head forever which will help me while concluding and taking appropriate decisions in upcoming questions in exam.

In real exam scenarios will be completely in new setup/frame and will take a bit of a time and also it is important to read and understand it thoroughly.
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert

Postby seema.sonkiya Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:01 pm

Akanksha, during practice we start from the basic concepts, then we move towards domain wise questions then finally we do the mixture of questions instead of just domain-wise. We make a plan to fix the gap and after fixing gap we again take the test. During this whole process, our brain gradually gets ready for the real exam:
• The speed of reading questions become faster as your understanding became strong for the situations.
• You are trained enough to eliminate wrong options quickly compared to practice duration.
• You are more focused to solve questions as your brain knows that you are playing a real game now.

Yes, in the real exam switching between questions will be fast.

Don’t worry, you will do great.
akanksha.ashar5
Participant
Participant

Postby akanksha.ashar5 Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:05 pm

Thanks Seema for clarification :)

Return to “PMI-PBA® Queries and Tips”