Facilitation Skill for Agile Leaders

PMI Guide to Business Analysis

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMI-PBA® clients to discuss issues / tips related to PMI-PBA® exam.
costasz

PMI Guide to Business Analysis

Postby costasz Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:54 am

I have noticed from http://www.pmi.org website that PMI is about to launch a new Standard for Business Analysis which will be available for comments (as they said) from 28th of February 2017.. At the same time, their reference list for the PBA exams it still remains the same.
Since I have booked my PBA exams on 25th of April, do I have to worry that the contents of the exams might change? When does PMI expects to make available the new standard for the public? Do we have any clue what will include?
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert

Re: PMI Guide to Business Analysis

Postby seema.sonkiya Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:54 am

Dont worry, The exam will change in fourth quarter 2017 of USA
costasz

Postby costasz Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:42 pm

It looks like on the Guide to Business Analysis, they have integrated together in one book contents from Practitioners Guide, PMBOK, and other books that they had in exam reference list before. It is also using the same approach with PMBOK, by defining knowledge areas, processes with inputs, tools and techniques and outputs. I guess that the exam content will change significantly in the future. Maybe the reduction in application fee for PBA is also related to this.
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert

Postby seema.sonkiya Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:23 am

Reduction in fee is valid only your application is approved and Fee is submitted maximum by 31th March 2017. The changes in the exam has time, the new standard will come end of 2017.
Why the reduction in the Fee, you can refer my post: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/50-off-e ... ants-seema

Return to “PMI-PBA® Queries and Tips”