Pragmatic Agile Workshop

Question about Solution Evaluation

Discuss PMI-PBA® doubts, tips and lesson learned. Master the art of Business analysis with iZenBridge
dineshex

Question about Solution Evaluation

Postby dineshex Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:02 pm

I came across this question somewhere on the internet for PMI-PBA:

In order to evaluate solution performance, a business analyst must have what available?
a. Business requirements and designed solution
b. Deployed solution and customer satisfaction rating
c. Tested solution and solution performance metrics
d. Deployed solution and solution performance metrics

Option d. --> Correct answer (The solution must be deployed and in use in order to evaluate if the expected results are being met. Solution performance metrics are a way to measure the expected results.)

Not sure I fully agree though. Can evaluation not happen before deployment? Can't Option C be the right answer?
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert

Re: Question about Solution Evaluation

Postby seema.sonkiya Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:38 am

For me none of the options is correct.

According to the Business Analysis Content Outline https://www.pmi.org/-/media/pmi/documen ... utline.pdf

[quote]The Evaluation domain includes activities that relate to the assessment of how well the delivered solution fulfills the requirements and meets the business need. Tasks within this domain include testing the solution, determining if there are gaps, and obtaining sign-off.[/quote

I recommend to go through the tasks of Evaluation domain from the content outline and for the high-level overview of evaluation activities, you can watch following video:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Raaqyqc98A0[/youtube]
dineshex

Re: Question about Solution Evaluation

Postby dineshex Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:07 pm

Thanks, Seema...

Return to “PMI-PBA Open Forum”